Shipping in June?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

ipod

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
WTF? So here I am making a preorder and it's saying it's shipping in June! Is it cause it's 2 days after the preorder launch and that they've sold the April release batch?

Yes scrutinize me for not ordering on preorder launch day. It's just that I bought a 55 inch LG TV last Thursday. Something I really wanted and needed. And I'm absolutely happy with it. Honestly I could kinda hold off the Appleh watch for a little bit, but I doubt I will.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
WTF? So here I am making a preorder and it's saying it's shipping in June! Is it cause it's 2 days after the preorder launch and that they've sold the April release batch?

Yes scrutinize me for not ordering on preorder launch day. It's just that I bought a 55 inch LG TV last Thursday. Something I really wanted and needed. And I'm absolutely happy with it. Honestly I could kinda hold off the Appleh watch for a little bit, but I doubt I will.
Which watch and band did you order? Some were in higher demand and had shipping dates in June even for those who ordered moments after preorders started. Some people switched to their second choice of band in order to get a quicker shipping date.

ipod

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Thanks so much for that info. I'm getting a little FOMO right now. I chose the 38mm with black band. What would be a good second choice that ships in April? Did the people who ordered on preorder launch get an April 24th shipping date?

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Thanks so much for that info. I'm getting a little FOMO right now. I chose the 38mm with black band. What would be a good second choice that ships in April? Did the people who ordered on preorder launch get an April 24th shipping date?
Yes. A lot of people did. My brother got two stainless steel watches with sports bands for him and his wife with April 24th shipment dates. He ordered right after they went on sale.

I just checked their website and the earliest dates are 4-6 weeks right now. Launch-day shipments often sell out quickly on new Apple products.

ipod

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
I'll take 4 weeks.

I won't take May.

Any ideas on which ones will ship in 4 weeks?

4 weeks is a long time. You guys will get yours in less than two weeks. This TV is rad though. Like I move my head around when watching TV... Cause it's huge. With this size of a TV I often forget that theirs a reality, which can be nice here and there. <3

Last edited:

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I'll take 4 weeks.

I won't take May.

Any ideas on which ones will ship in 4 weeks?

4 weeks is a long time. You guys will get yours in less than two weeks. This TV is rad though. Like I move my head around when watching TV... Cause it's huge. With this size of a TV I often forget that theirs a reality, which can be nice here and there. <3
The stainless steel ones show a faster shipping date (4-6 weeks) than the aluminum Sport version (June).

They often overestimate the shipping dates. It's a lot more likely that it will ship in four or less weeks than it is to ship in six weeks or more (if quoted 4-6 weeks).

ipod

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Thanks Europa! This would be a good reason to go for the stainless steal version. I think I'm also willing to wait little bit, so the sport watch could definitely be an option.

Enjoy those watches! I'm jelly!

IllusionEntity

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 3, 2010
Borough Green, Kent, UK
Yes. A lot of people did. My brother got two stainless steel watches with sports bands for him and his wife with April 24th shipment dates. He ordered right after they went on sale.

I just checked their website and the earliest dates are 4-6 weeks right now. Launch-day shipments often sell out quickly on new Apple products.
Sorry did he get a guaranteed 24th delivery date or did he get 24/4-08/05? I've not heard of anyone getting a guaranteed delivery of 24/4. Only the 24/4-08/05 time frame

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Sorry did he get a guaranteed 24th delivery date or did he get 24/4-08/05? I've not heard of anyone getting a guaranteed delivery of 24/4. Only the 24/4-08/05 time frame
I'm not certain. He just texted me "4/24" when I asked when it when they would be delivered.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
I'm pretty bummed about the June shipping dates. With iPhones, people still have their old phones. With the Watch, it's such a new experience that people want to jump in. All the hype is dulled by the shipping delays. They should have allowed try-ons before the pre-order date. With phones, you don't need to see it in person and see how it fits. The Apple Watch is a different animal. I ordered a 38mm stainless and after today (my less than magical Apple Watch retail experience), I'm already regretting my choice. Now I have to accept shipment of a watch I don't want and order a new one. It all seems so unnecessary.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
You can set your browser up to auto-refresh at a set number of seconds and then open a second browser window and use it while watching the first one out the corner of your eye. It's much better than constantly hitting a refresh key and having to focus on the one window. Not that I've ever done this before...:D