Shoes

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
For those wondering, let me provide some insight into why shoes were banned in the first place. Like many forums, spam is big issue. It's even more so now with Google's crackdown on sites that are not of the highest quality. I've seen other sites use various methods, some of which are effective in one way, but have an adverse affect on users. In my continuing fight, I've looked to stop them before they get into the site. With the tools in place, the site has been relatively spam-free. Back to shoes. It happens to be on a list of the most highly targeted spam keywords. It's up there with all sorts of drugs and slimy stuff. Shoes are popular and so are boots. UGG boots in particular. By banning the words, it prevented spammers from going into an older post and spamming the crap of it.

Fast forward. People cannot post links until they have a history at eiC. This extends to their profiles, which is notorious for being a weak link in forums.

Thanks to @Europa who pointed out that we can loosen the grip a bit on filters. Thus, shoes have been reborn as a welcome term on eiC.

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
W5.jpg

Adidas shoes with changeable stripes are definitely my all time favorite. I never actually used any of the stripes except once, I love how they look without them and they're also very comfortable to wear when walking long distances.

Oct 24, 2010
Denver, CO
I was beginning to think this was like an AA meeting where we all confess about being addicted to buying shoes. My wife always laughs at the fact that my number of shoes is about three times higher than hers.