Short battery life since 1.1.3?

Kentucky

Bronze
Nov 3, 2007
I'm having the same issue. Rumor has it that Apple boosted the power level to the antenna for better reception, but have not noticed better reception, just a dead battery!:mad:
Usually, 'bad reception' uses battery power up faster ie the phone/tower polling of each other is a lot more frequent because of their tying to 'see each other' and the battery is used up a lot faster then wheb you are in a strong signal area . I too have noticed a faster battery discharge since 1.1.3 but have noticed a lot weaker signal strength where I live also !.

tyoung

Bronze
Nov 1, 2007
So Cal
Same here, my signal strength hasn't changed that I have seen but battery does go faster. Even with very moderate usage, I seem to get about a day out of it. Before 1.1.3, I would get about 2 days with using it a lot.

coop1701

Zealot
Silver
Jun 30, 2007
Same here, my signal strength hasn't changed that I have seen but battery does go faster. Even with very moderate usage, I seem to get about a day out of it. Before 1.1.3, I would get about 2 days with using it a lot.
Same here....

simonns

Jan 24, 2008
After getting frustrated about the battery life decrease and the fact that I could no loger sync up with outlook for some reason. I decided to do a restore, if anything it would be a good learning experience. I had remembered that when I applied 1.1.3 the first time I was running iTunes 7.5, now I am running the most current version. (I don't know if that made a difference) Anyway, it downloaded 1.1.3 again, apllied it, restored from back up, and now the battery life seems to be back to normal again. I also am able to sysc with Outlook again. And one other new feature I found, Im not sure if this is new with 1.1.3, or has always been there. But when browsing the internet, if you double tap in the center of the page it will enlarge and shrink the page, (which I knew about) but if you double tap on the bottom of the page it will scroll up and if you double tap on the top of the page it will scroll down. Nifty.

Spikefood

Bronze
Oct 3, 2007
I notice with ever update the battery is a little shorter in the start. Mainly because I use the phone a lot more to test out the new update. Its possible the CPU has been boosted a bit so now the battery is being consumed a bit quicker.

slipperypete

Bronze
May 20, 2007
I notice with ever update the battery is a little shorter in the start. Mainly because I use the phone a lot more to test out the new update. Its possible the CPU has been boosted a bit so now the battery is being consumed a bit quicker.
On my 3rd iPhone for battery life. Local Apple store has been great, they have replaced it each time no questions asked. When I went in the store today I had 4 hours usage time and 11 hours standby with less then 50% battery left. Apple store "Genius" was like "yeah that doesn't seem right, I'll replace it for you"

Hopefully the 3rd time will be the charm

tyoung

Bronze
Nov 1, 2007
So Cal
I turned off the wifi (something I didn't have to do before), and seem to be getting much better battery life.

steviep831

Bronze
Jan 15, 2008
I've noticed that the battery drains a little faster by the end of the day, but still not too bad. I still charge my phone every night anyways... just the nature of the beast I guess.

lman

Silver
Oct 18, 2007
i'd say i've noticed a slight decrease in battery life, but nothing that bothers me since i can usually plug the phone in multiple times during the day. I do get great service though, mostly 4 or 5 bars.

beanerIPhone

Oct 13, 2007
my iPhone battery life was great until the 1.1.3. My battery dies way fast.
My phone usually charges about i'd say 75% and struggles to go further. later during the day my phone would flash the red dead battery light indicating to recharge.. then like 30 seconds later i'll go back to half way charge.. does that happen to anyone else?