Shorter contracts, please?

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Alltell announced that they're cutting their contract obligations from 2 years to 1, yet their subsidized prices remain the same. This is an excellent move and one that I hope pressures AT&T into following. If Apple is going to be releasing a new iPhone every year, and if AT&T wants people to keep buying them, they need to consider a plan like this:

http://www.reuters.com/article/pressRelease/idUS128028+04-Jun-2009+BW20090604

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
It makes sense. I mean if people are gonna switch then the contract isn't gonna hold them back. Secondly, with Apple's trend of releasing a new phone every year, people are gonna start upgrading every year.

iphun

Zealot
Gold
Mar 16, 2009
PA
It makes sense. I mean if people are gonna switch then the contract isn't gonna hold them back. Secondly, with Apple's trend of releasing a new phone every year, people are gonna start upgrading every year.
Exactly! They try to make more money by charging uneligible people more, but if they just offered an iPhone upgrade policy allowing everyone to upgrade to the new one they would be raking in money and pushing out more and more iPhones. We agree to pay on the higher end of phones and phone plans, so we should be offered more leniency in the upgrade area. And there is only ever going to be an iPhone released once a year so it's not like other phones where there might be a new one in 2 months.