Should I buy an iPad or Android tablet?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Daking618, Nov 24, 2011.

1. Daking618

Daking618 Member
    Bronze

Okay I have a iPhone 4s and I'm getting a MacBook pro. I would like to get a iPad 2 because I really would like to just have a tablet. but should I stick with the Apple theme here and get the iPad 2 or should I get a Android tablet. Because I really do like the fact that I could customize my tablet. And also I would be able to download FREE music with the Android applications. So could you all please give me your choice of preference.

2. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

I may be biased as I have an iPad but if you get an iPad to go with all the other Apple items you have, everything will blend together seamlessly. iCloud for example... Photostream and such. May also be less confusing or a pita if there is something you like in the app store and want it on the tablet that isn't available in the Android platform.
    Just the first things that popped into my head.
    Jailbreak will be out sometime soon so then the customizing can really begin :D

3. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Why does everyone assume that you have to use iTunes for music on an iPhone?

4. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius
    Gold

Because Apple pushes that idea/concept. Why not Encourage the use of their own product.

5. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

You don't have to buy your music from iTunes, though. It doesn't matter where or how you get it - it's all the same. Of course, it's more convenient to buy it in iTunes because it is immediately abailable in the iPod app on your phone. You do have to take it off the phone and put it in iTunes on the computer, and then sync it onto the phone if you want to play it through the iPod app (if you didn't buy it in iTunes). You can play it on the phone immediately after you download it off the net (without syncing in iTunes), but not on the iPod app. You would have to use the downloading app you used to download it if you don't want to sync it.

6. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius
    Gold

I think I have bought twenty dollars of songs on iTunes. I have about 25 gig in iTunes though. I agree with you Mindi. Some people prefer simple.