Should I buy iPhone 3G or wait for new iPhone?

swoosh1014

May 7, 2009
Hey guys,
I have been on the brink of buying an iPhone for awhile now, and am seeing a lot of suggestions to wait for the new iPhone that comes out this summer... Do you guys have any info on the new phone, what the differences are to the current 3G and when it may be coming out? Thanks!

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
There is no official announcement of the new iPhone so thereforee no official hardware features. Video is basically confirmed by rumor but other than that, theres not much we know. I still suggest waiting...its only about a month.

Jul 6, 2007
Marietta, GA
about.me
This thread has tons and tons of rumors as to what could be in the next iPhone. Most of the rumors point to video recording, an improved camera (3.2 MP), and HD display, etc. Its a long thread but its worth reading.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jun 16, 2008
Tinley Park, IL
I'd wait. I mean if you've gone this long, how ticked would you be at yourself if you got a 3G now and the third gen iPhone has all kinds of bells and whistles that you want. I am very interested in the third gen iPhone (though I've had a v1 and now 3G) because of the video for those moments that I want to record my daughter doing stuff that I might not be able to get to my good camera for. But, I am eligible for an upgrade whereas I don't know if you buy one now, that you'll be eligible in a month or two...