Should I buy my child an iPhone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rugaby

Genius
Gold
Feb 18, 2011
Washington state
So you say you knew the way home. Could be left alone. Knee how to handle yourself.
But you don't feel that way about your child? And your solution is to not patent and reward him with a cell phone?
I'm very confused

Apple iAddicted

Contributor
Bronze
Feb 20, 2012
I parent him and I'm teaching him but I lived in the city all his life he is not used to the freedom of country life, he don't know the difference between a water moccacin and a common non poisonous water snake. I on the other hand grew up in the country ran around with my older cousins when I was 5 and we would walk from my house to their houses.
I can take a grown up city man or woman who has not been taught common county sense out in these woods and without a gps phone or compass they will get lost. My son's Boy Scouts was a friggin joke they went campin in sight of the hiway, didn't go in the woods at all, and wondered why I was disappointed! I thought scouts learned survival and the land not campin in an open field near a hiway and wittlin a car outta wood. From what I saw Scouting is a joke! I can live for months in the woods with a pistol, hatchet, and a pocket Knife why my dad taught me. Hunting, how to find my way in the woods, how to build a camp fire without starting a forrest fire.... I got friends my age who can't skin a rabbit and cook it on a fire, if the power ever gets taken away most Americans will die cause they can't survive.
In short no I don't trust my son off the land we watch over(80 acres) and I got binocculars I can see him anywhere in the fields and if he in the woods and I can't see him I call him. He has a lot to learn before he can be given a rifle and let roam the country alone.
And Rugby your cool but NEVER question my parenting I know my son, my parents knew me ONLY a parent knows what their children are able to do!
This is gettin too off topic so mods CLOSE IT before I get pissed and someone reports me.
I just wanted to know how many parents give their kids an iPhone and what age. I was just curious but yall want to get off topic and talk about people's parenting!
Must be true 99.9% of iPhone users are urban city slickers!

Sent from my 32GB iPhone 4s on iOS 5.1.1
The ONLY thing better than an iPhone is the newer iPhone!

Rugaby

Genius
Gold
Feb 18, 2011
Washington state
If you don't want your parenting skills to come into question don't come into a public forum and ask for parenting advice.
Which by the way is what you did with your first post.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Thread closed due to OP's request. PM me or another mod if you decide you want it reopened, Apple iAddicted.

Status
Not open for further replies.