Should I get a case? How easy does iPhone scratch?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

iwantaniphonenow

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
My iPhone will be arriving tomorrow. Should I get some sort of case? I want to just put it in my purse but will it scratch in there. I put my camera in my shorts once and the screen was so scratched! how easily does iPhone scratch? does it need a case? if so what case? do i need one w/ screen cover or what? i might get one at AT&T tomorrow b/c i am scared to scratch it on first day!

oembios

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
I have had mine since they went on sale at the Apple store on Friday and it's very scratch resistant. I just put it in my pocket no problem. no marks at all.

tharmsen

Silver
Jul 5, 2007
At the Apple store in Chicago the sales rep was using car keys trying to scratch the iPhone and he gave it a few good tries... no marks were visible to me.

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
its pretty scratch resistant so far the metal trim around the front of the phone and the plastic back do scratch but the screen is pretty durable. I hate cases so I just bought a holster to carry it in in case I drop it. But most of the time my phone will be naked. Just want the holster when outdoors to protect from the inevitable thud against the concrete

psychoticpanda

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
New York
i have like a phone sock i use. im afriad its gunna scratch if its not in there.. it covers the screen and its soft. i keep it in my pocket most of the time with the sock on it.

Tmge13

Jul 10, 2007
better safe than sorry. You spent $600 on a phone, I think you should at least protect it.... Just my 2cents.