Should I get one?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by reginaalear, Sep 22, 2016.

1. reginaalear

reginaalear Member
    Bronze

I have never owned a Apple Watch and am thinking about getting one. Just wondering if you all are glad you bought one or is it something I should skip?

2. snowtrooper1966

Gold

Mrs snowtrooper has one and loves it...

3. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

I had Android watches for quiet some time . I won my 1st at a Hackathon for Android wear. Over time Googles design principles and guidelines went away . I also found there was not a really feminine smaller watch out there.
    I gave Apple Watch a try. I love it. Apple watches are more like Googles initial designs than any of the Android wear devices out there. I personalized my watch with a life photo watch face. The Battery life is great. I can't wait to use is again , I sold my iPhone :( . I will buy a series 2 in steel black to match my phone when they get available in stores.

4. reginaalear

reginaalear Member
    Bronze

I went ahead and bought one. I got the series 1 because I didn't want to wait for the series 2. I also got 10% off on it. How often do they come out with new ones? If I like this one I plan to buy the next one.

5. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

There are may deals on Series 1 Watches. The new Watch OS3 has made all watches fast and responsive. There is not much difference besides the GPS and waterproof .
    As it seems they will do a yearly launch for the watch? I am not sure if I replace it yearly they would have to hold their value much better. I keep my original rose gold watch and get a black Steel series 2 . I stay with the smaller size (38mm) I don't like big watches on my wrists .

6. Carly S.

Carly S. New Member

I have one and I like it. Honestly I would prefer if it had a 3G version as well as a keyboard on screen. Even though the screen is small and you can "scribble" letters now, I would still like a small keyboard like the Samsung Gear series have. When I'm at work, I can't always just take my phone out respond to text so that is why I'd prefer a keyboard. The scribble has made it a little better though. It's also sometimes slow connecting when I tap on apps, since it technically pulls the content from the phone. A 3G version would make me absolutely love it.

Carly S.

7. reginaalear

reginaalear Member
    Bronze

I got the 38mm I was considering the 42mm. I actually had the 42mm rose gold series 2 ordered but it was going to be a while before I got it so I canceled it and got the series 1 38mm rose gold. I think I will skip the series 2 and wait for the next one.

8. evo x

evo x New Member

I just got the series 2 42mm black steel with Milanese strap love it ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1474747577.656422.jpg

9. Ohmster

Ohmster Member
    Silver

Got myself a 42mm Space Black SS-S2 and the wife the 38mm. Due to arrive 11/4. Excited!

10. Ohmster

Ohmster Member
    Silver

After much consternation with UPS, finally got them both on Friday. I am seriously loving these things. OmniFocus and Fantastical2 are very nice native apps. Both super fast and applying good use of the smaller screen size. Siri is amazingly good (I don't even bother using it on any of our Macs or on my iPhone). Close to 100% accuracy, particularly dictation in messaging. Battery? Yesterday after 16 hours I was at 45%. Today after 12, 70%. I don't mind the overnight charging as I wouldn't wear it to bed anyway so it's a good window to revitalize mind, body, phone, and watch. :)

11. Mthoroughbred

Mthoroughbred Contributor
    Silver

I had purchased the original Apple watch last year when it first launched and I loved the little guy. Until it someone stole it (long story). My girlfriend ordered me the Nike+ Apple watch as a birthday present and waiting for it to arrive. Can't wait as I'm really excited to finally rejoin my long awaited friend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Ohmster

Ohmster Member
    Silver

I think you will appreciate the improvements....enjoy!

Life after 11 days with watch. Battery is usually in the 60-70% range when I go to bed. Usually a 18 hour period of usage. I think the heartbeat monitor has huge swings in accuracy. My idle beat should be about 65-66 (as verified at my last physical). Watch sometimes has me at 85+ while non active. Stand/sit monitoring is absolutely unreliable. It sometimes thinks after a two hour drive, that I was standing....or reminding me to stand after 2 hours of already being on my feet.....other than that, I appreciate the added usefulness in my daily routine. I have turned off sound completely and rely 100% on the haptics. Seeing what is next on my calendar 15 minutes ahead of time due to the little nudge is great. Punching in an activity so that I can see my total hours of various exercises. Nice. The sketch response to messages is actually pretty slick, but the dictation (as previously mentioned) is awesome.

13. bballrob

bballrob Genius
    Gold

Everyone should get one.

14. Mthoroughbred

Mthoroughbred Contributor
    Silver

[​IMG] Love this little guy lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. Mamamia

Mamamia New Member

Think it depends what you'd use it for. My brother is really into the augmented reality game Ingress and wold freak if he didn't have it charged. I tend to not get a lot of use out of mine my main usage is fitness stuff and there are better options than the Apple one. Though it does look damn good.