Should I hesitate on this?

jimmyrules712

Bronze
Sep 21, 2007
There is a 15 year old offering to buy my V1 iPhone from me in the marketplace. I feel I have to at least ask if I should hesitate to sell something that expensive to someone that young...

I don't want some parent getting pissed at me...lol

Thoughts?

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
There is a 15 year old offering to buy my V1 iPhone from me in the marketplace. I feel I have to at least ask if I should hesitate to sell something that expensive to someone that young...

I don't want some parent getting pissed at me...lol

Thoughts?
my thoughts are sell it on craigslist to a local adult who can meet you somewhere in public and make a cash transaction.

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
sell it. WTF? His money is as good as anyone elses', right? Give the kid a break and sell him your iPhone. He's the one that should be weary.....NOT YOU!

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
my thoughts are sell it on craigslist to a local adult who can meet you somewhere in public and make a cash transaction.
I agree. At the very least get the guys parents to call you about this. If he hesitates, then you know something isn't right. If you sell it to him out right, you are opening a big can of worms if parents don't approve.

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
I agree. At the very least get the guys parents to call you about this. If he hesitates, then you know something isn't right. If you sell it to him out right, you are opening a big can of worms if parents don't approve.

Get his parents?! Jesus you guys are a bunch of anal adults.... It's a freaking telephone...not a 12 pack!

Pimpboy51

Bronze
Sep 18, 2007
Orlando, Florida
Hey man why are you worried to sell it to me? (Yes I am the kid he is talking about) and my parents don't care about it, they know I have been dying for an iPhone, I even brought them into an AT&T store to show them the iPhone, but they said I have to buy it with my own money. Now that I can, no one wants to sell it to me. If you decide to sell it to someone else that would really put me down. I am old enough to buy stuff online

CHECK MY EBAY ACCOUNT! I HAVE 56 POSITIVE FEEDBACKS!
IVE OWNED IT SINCE 2004! WHEN I WAS 12 YEARS OLD! AND LOOK
AT ME! STILL AT TOP, NO NEGATIVE FEEDBACK WHATSOEVER.
Last phone I bought was a motorola rizr. I paid 200.00 off of eBay last year.
And now that I accidentally threw it in a garbage can I need another phone.

HERE is proof of my account

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISA...r1000&ftab=AllFeedback&sspagename=STRK:ME:UFS

If you feel the need, send it a message and I will be glad as heck to reply to you. All (most) of the sellers I buy from have something to do with a cellphone, or cellphone accessories. I find it hard to believe that no one can trust me, knowing I've owned an eBay account since 2004 when I was either 11 or 12.

I also read that comment about craiglist. I tried looking for one there but EVERYTIME I POST A ITEMS WANTED POST, IT GETS FLAGGED AND REMOVED FOR NO GOOD REASON. I have owned a phone since 5th grade, I am now a sophomore, I already drive a car(with parent or guardian lol), and back in 2005 I laid down 300.00 AT WAL-MART for a Motorola V3 RAZR when it was the hottest thing ever. And still then my parents didn't care. They aren't paying for it, so why are you so worried to sell it to me? I'd feel like an idiot telling my dad "Daddy can you please call this guy that is selling me his iPhone, he's too afraid to sell it to me and wants you to call him, Can u? Pleaaasssee?"
Ya totally weird right?

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Hey Pimpboy, I wouldn't get defensive about it. It is a valid question regarding any transaction on the internet with someone under 18. I'd have your parents contact him to make it legit.

Pimpboy51

Bronze
Sep 18, 2007
Orlando, Florida
I am not being defensive, I am just saying I know I'm a kid, but I can pay for things myself. I am trying to be a responsible young adult, by paying for my own things. I already have a job, sure it isn't a big one but I make money off of it. My parents don't have to call every person I buy off of eBay.

iCafe

Dec 11, 2007
www.wwtdd.com
please don't sell it to him
for the comedic factor
HEY LIL PIMP BOY YOU ARE NEVER GONNA GET AN iPhone HAHAHAHAH!

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
Hey Pimpboy, I wouldn't get defensive about it. It is a valid question regarding any transaction on the internet with someone under 18. I'd have your parents contact him to make it legit.
As a mom, even though I'm not your mom, I would agree with this if it where my kids. Just my opinion though, don't get mad at me ok.

Pimpboy51

Bronze
Sep 18, 2007
Orlando, Florida
I understand Connie, but still, if your son/ or daughter makes their own money and decided to buy something, I think they are trying to be responsible little adults (as I once heard off of tv) Lol

and to iCafe
U BETTA BE PLAYING! lol jkjkjk, I choose that user name after my gangster type person era back in 2005-2006. Haha, I would change it if I could but I can't lol

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
I understand Connie, but still, if your son/ or daughter makes their own money and decided to buy something, I think they are trying to be responsible little adults (as I once heard off of tv) Lol
I can respect that.

Pimpboy51

Bronze
Sep 18, 2007
Orlando, Florida
Lol, you are a good mom! :)
Anyways, I have been earning up for an iPhone since like..... February and I finally found someone to sell me his (original poster of this threat)

jimmyrules712

Bronze
Sep 21, 2007
I never intended to indicate that I have something against selling to a younger person, I just want to make sure there are no other complications to this that I haven't seen.

and pimpboy, I can relate to you. I was also around 12 when I made my first ebay account (I lied on it and said I was my dad, since I was officially too young to have an ebay account).

Pimpboy51

Bronze
Sep 18, 2007
Orlando, Florida
Lol! That's awesome! And for me...... i still went ahead with my name and address. I think it's ok to be a kid and have eBay, as long as you are responsible enough to handle paying for what you buy. Lol not being nosy at all but I'm curious to know.. how old are you? Sorry if it's rude but after you told be about the eBay thing I am thinking you are somewhere around your 20's.