Should I keep my touch or get and Unlocked iPhone?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

MJFinelli

Sep 22, 2007
I have a ipod touch with google maps mail all the iPhone apps on it. But i still really want the iPhone. I currently have sprint and my plan is too cheap to switch. SHould i sell my touch and buy an unlocked I phone and use a pre paid sim for just an extra phone?
Does anyone use an unlocked iPhone with a pre paid sim?
What are your thoughts on this?
THnaks :laugh2:

iStealth

Bronze
Nov 5, 2007
I have a ipod touch with google maps mail all the iPhone apps on it. But i still really want the iPhone. I currently have sprint and my plan is too cheap to switch. SHould i sell my touch and buy an unlocked I phone and use a pre paid sim for just an extra phone?
I would ask yourself why you want the iPhone? It can make calls or work on AT&T's slow edge network..... and a few other things... but not much more.

scandalex

Silver
Sep 16, 2007
But i still really want the iPhone..... Why?
I currently have sprint and my plan is too cheap to switch.... Do you absolutely need an extra phone?

Hindsight is 20/20. I'm carrying an iPhone and the HTC Touch (Sprint). In a nutshell, I wanted an iPhone and had no plans of giving up Sprint. I don't have a need for 2 phones; just wanted to be able to play with my own iPhone.

Now, I'm tired of playing with it; for what I do with the iPhone, I should have just kept the iPod Touch I previously started out with.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I say stick with the Touch.

A jailbroken Touch is much more reliable than an Unlocked iPhone.

I think it was OJ that put it this way:
"Jailbreaking is like risk-free fun. Unlocking a disaster waiting to happen."

- John

Dec 20, 2007
UK
Touch or Phone

I have been going through similar agonies recently, salved only by the fact that I am stuck on an 18 month contract with a V8 razr2 at $70/month. I suspect that by the time my cell contract runs out, the touch will have enough firmware upgrades to have to-do-lists, mail and other 3rd party apps on the device without even jailbreaking it. OK so I have to carry two devices - but with an iPod I had to anyway. My advice is suck it and see. In the meantime there is loads to muck about with on the Touch to keep me out of trouble.:cool: