Should I restore or reset?

wmflyfisher

Bronze
Oct 10, 2007
Athens, GA
Hey guys, I'm currently running 1.0.2 with a lot of apps and I want to restore the phone like new with 1.0.2. Will reset on the phone do what I need or will I have to connect to iTunes and do a restore? Any help would be great!

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
I have the same firmware and have restored several times. You need a copy of the 1.0.2 firmware which you SHOULD already have. If not just download it I think you can find it at modmyifone.com.
What you do is make sure your holding the shift key down when you hit restore on iTunes. That will slow you to pick the firmware version you want to restore with. Simply choose 1.0.2 and you're good! I've done it tens of times... 100% safe.

wmflyfisher

Bronze
Oct 10, 2007
Athens, GA
I have the same firmware and have restored several times. You need a copy of the 1.0.2 firmware which you SHOULD already have. If not just download it I think you can find it at modmyifone.com.
What you do is make sure your holding the shift key down when you hit restore on iTunes. That will slow you to pick the firmware version you want to restore with. Simply choose 1.0.2 and you're good! I've done it tens of times... 100% safe.

Thanks a lot, just the answer I was looking for!