Should I take Installer of my iPhone before taking to Apple Store?

Mar 25, 2008
I think I might be taking a road trip to the Apple Store but the problem is, I have an unlocked 1.1.4 and iTunes wont recognize my iPhone and wont change plugged in the computer or the wall. The only place and can charge it is my alarm clock, but it keeps popping up like every 10 mins or so that “this accessory is not made for iPhone”. Well my point is I will probably have to take a road trip to the Apple Store and i need to take the installer off and I cant do a restore in iTunes, so what should i do?:(

Last edited by a moderator:
Mar 25, 2008
all im trying to do it restore my phone but it wont get recognized in iTunes... it wont charge or anything... i need to take it to Apple but i cant with it unlocked

chrismmm

Silver
Dec 27, 2007
Gwinnett, Georgia
take a look/search for ziPhone method and ensure ytou read through the threads and have the donwloads already on hand and follow the steps one by one..

Mar 25, 2008
yeah but that wont recognize my phone either, ive tried everything... i want to know if there is a way to restore my phone without a computer

chrismmm

Silver
Dec 27, 2007
Gwinnett, Georgia
not that i know of. what happens when your iPhone goes into restore mode that prevents it from working correctly..?

Mar 25, 2008
it wont go into restore mode because when i plug it in the computer it doent do anything... i have it plugged in right now and its like its not plugged in at all... it keeps popping up that this accessory is not made for iPhone but that comes up weather i have it plugged in or not...

chrismmm

Silver
Dec 27, 2007
Gwinnett, Georgia
reboot..hold down the power button and home key for 30 seconds and release and let it reboot to get out of this cycle

Mar 25, 2008
ok so when i hold down both of the buttons it acts like im only holding the power button and asks me to slide to power off and just restarts and it wont even let me turn it off all the way

Lava

Bronze
Feb 25, 2008
If that doesn't work, what you could try, is download openSSH on your iPhone, then SSH into your iPhone, and remove installer, if that all you need removed.

I don't know how well they check your iPhone at the Apple store, but if you delete installer, they won't be able to easily see that you jailbroke it...

Mar 25, 2008
i even tried to put it in safe mode by just holding down hold button for 30 sec but wont do that either

Mar 25, 2008
ok so i found it but isn't there a way to get in the phones memory like un a pc? get in there interally and delet things like that?

Mar 25, 2008
ok so when i put it on the little dock that came with the phone it says this accessory is not made for iPhone does that mean anything to you?