Should I trade in my 6 to Verizon

Discussion in 'iPhone 6S' started by radtechy01, Oct 6, 2015.

1. radtechy01

radtechy01 Member
    Bronze

I have a new 6s+ and now my 6 128 gig I own b/c the 2 year was up (now I'm leasing). I was thinking of keeping it for a back up. Now for when the 7 comes out my wife's 2 year will be up and she will be leasing then we have another 6 128 gig that we will own.

Should I get the 350 Verizon is offering while I can get top dollar for it now? What do you all think?

2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

You could make more than. Some people here have sold theirs on Craigslist for around $600. The other option is to keep it as a backup if you don't need the money. You could probably still get around $400 for next year.

3. raqball

raqball Evangelist
    Gold

$350 for a 128GB iPhone 6 is highway robbery! If you want to sell it either use eBay or craigslist.. You get quite a bit more for it going either of those routes..

Good luck!!

4. 47seijar

47seijar Zealot
    Bronze

Check out Swappa. My guess is you'll get $450-500 for it. They only do PayPal, and Swappa takes $10 from the final sale price. And of course you can always try listing it on this forum's Marketplace.

5. radtechy01

radtechy01 Member
    Bronze

I started to read this website looks pretty good. Think I'm gonna list it on there first

6. 47seijar

47seijar Zealot
    Bronze

Swappa had been good for me. I started using it to gauge selling prices for eBay listings, but selling on eBay has become a real chore. The number of sales that don't get consummated due to scammers and deadbeat bidders has gotten out of control. Swappa does a nice job of ensuring ESNs are good and they seem to attract a more serious crowd. Plus instead of bidding, on Swappa you simply buy. I recently sold a BlackBerry Classic for Verizon in mint condition for $275 net to me. Took about two days from the time I listed it.

7. radtechy01

radtechy01 Member
    Bronze

I made an account with swaps I just have to do the listing. Do you get paid before shipping anything?

8. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Never ship until payment is received.

9. raqball

raqball Evangelist
    Gold

If you are using swappa then yes, they pay then you ship. To be on the safe side, only ship in the USA and to the verified PayPal shipping address..

10. radtechy01

radtechy01 Member
    Bronze

I read about the pay pal verified address. I'm guessing by what you said it's both parties.

That's good cause it just makes it more legit

11. raqball

raqball Evangelist
    Gold

I've sold a few phones on swappa, they are legit..

12. 47seijar

47seijar Zealot
    Bronze

Too legit to quit!

13. radtechy01

radtechy01 Member
    Bronze

I have a listing up. Thanks guys. Hope it sells quick. If I want to put the price is negotiable is that allowed to be on the ad?

14. FFAP1234

FFAP1234 Member
    Bronze

Can you let us know when and how much you sold it for?
    I just sold mine; iPhone 6 128 unlocked for $550 in Craigslist. I thought I could have gotten more but everyday there were more and more listings. I thought the sooner was gone the better. BTW my phone was like new with all original accessories ( headphones unused ) in original box.

15. raqball

raqball Evangelist
    Gold

I sold my iPhone 6 (64GB) in near new condition for $540 last week.. Same here all accessories and the headphones had never been touched..

@radtechy01, what will happen is people will make you offers in the comments section of the ad. If you accept an offer then you change the price to the agreed upon amount, they pay, you ship..

Hope that made sense.

16. FFAP1234

FFAP1234 Member
    Bronze

Good for you. U did better than me because mine was 128GB.

17. radtechy01

radtechy01 Member
    Bronze

500. Now the money that went into my pay pal account. Do I wait for the deposit into my bank account to clear to ship or I have 2 days from when the payment is sent from the buyer to send it out

18. raqball

raqball Evangelist
    Gold

Ship It as soon as the money is in your Paypal account. It can take PayPal 3 days to transfer to your bank account. Once the $$$$ are in your PayPal you are good to ship ASAP.

Make sure you update the PayPal transaction with the tracking # and only ship to the PayPal address..

As an added safety measure, I'd take photos of the device before boxing it up and a few with it boxed and ready to mail. Save them just in case..

I'd also spend the extra few bucks and send it signature required.

19. radtechy01

radtechy01 Member
    Bronze

All done. Thanks a bunch guys. I listed for 530 to cover costs for me. But 3 people asked about 500 so I went with it to make the sale. So 490 to me -15 PayPal -20 USPS and I did a featured add so that's -5 so I clear 450. I'm happy. It's 100 more Verizon and an easy process. It paid for the Xbox one I got 2 weeks ago and most of the new controller I want so it's all good