should I update installer

thetonyclifton

Bronze
Nov 12, 2007
I have 1.1.1 on my iPhone which is unlocked and jailbroken, my installer is asking me if I want to update should I?

To be clear it isn't the iTunes updater but the one attached to the installer app on my iPhone.

seb481

Silver
Aug 3, 2007
San Diego
I have 1.1.1 on my iPhone which is unlocked and jailbroken, my installer is asking me if I want to update should I?

To be clear it isn't the iTunes updater but the one attached to the installer app on my iPhone.
i would (and did)

drac

Sep 17, 2007
new installer is the way to go...

Feb 6, 2008
oh no! I have an unlocked and jailbroken 1.1.2 iPhone. I followed the suggestion in this thread and got screwed!
My installer stopped working after I updated it! When I press on installer a blank page opens for 2 seconds then I'm sent back to my main menu!
Please help! I don't want to have to re-unlock the entire phone!

irazorhead

Nov 6, 2007
oh no! I have an unlocked and jailbroken 1.1.2 iPhone. I followed the suggestion in this thread and got screwed!
My installer stopped working after I updated it! When I press on installer a blank page opens for 2 seconds then I'm sent back to my main menu!
you have to do a restore on this one man

miketl

Bronze
Oct 23, 2007
the same thing happened to me, and i still ahve no idea why.
i then had to get my phone re jailbroken and then i had installer 3.0 which asked me to update to a newer version of 3.0. i then put off updating it but i was told that if i didn't i wouldn't be able to use new apps as the new apps are being built for 1.1.3 as well.. anyways i closed my eyes and it updated fine.

Feb 6, 2008
I tried to install appsnap off jailbreakme.com. Nothing happens: it takes me to an address that ends with .tiff but it doesn't load properly and all I have in the browser is a small blue question mark.
. Installer doesn't work still. Everything else works fine though... Are there any other ways of jailbreaking it?

Thanks

the same thing happened to me, and i still ahve no idea why.
i then had to get my phone re jailbroken and then i had installer 3.0 which asked me to update to a newer version of 3.0. i then put off updating it but i was told that if i didn't i wouldn't be able to use new apps as the new apps are being built for 1.1.3 as well.. anyways i closed my eyes and it updated fine.