Should I update my iPhone 3GS to the latest software?

Discussion in 'iPhone 3GS' started by SlickRick, Sep 2, 2012.

1. SlickRick

SlickRick Member

So in the honest opinion of the community, should I or should I not update my iPhone 3GS to the latest software? Or at least to iOS 4? I cat use a lot of the apps with the current OS and I do not have certain other features such as accessing the camera from the lock screen. All honest opinions will be reviewed and appreciated.

2. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

Usually new iOS come with new features. I would see what you may like on iOS 5 and then decide from there. If you get the new iPhone, it may come with iOS 6 depending on what Apple decides and when they conclude to bring out the new iOS.

http://www.apple.com/ios/

3. SlickRick

SlickRick Member

Would it slow down my phone severely? My father has iOS 5 on his iPhone 3GS and I don't notice a difference between mine and his besides the cooler newer features...but then I read about other people updating and it slowed the phone a whole lot.

4. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

I have the iPhone 4 running iOS 5.1.1. I've never really experienced any slow downs on any of the OS or iPhones. It really depends on how many applications are left running, features and tweaks (if jailbroken).