Should I update my iPhone 5s to iOS 9?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Jul 3, 2014
Sweeden
Hello iCafe guys!

Do you think I shall download the new iOS 9 update for my 5S?

Because I remember last year when I had 4S and iOS 8 had released.
If I've downloaded it then I was told my 4S would be slower...
Is it same principle with iOS 9 and 5S now?

//Thanks a lot guys!

silvermoon

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 17, 2013
Washington
I think you should. It is only 1.84 GB as compared to 4GB for the last update. I also think you will like some of the new additions in iOS 9. Your phone is compatible too.

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
The 5s runs fantastically well on iOS 9. I also have a 4s and iPod touch 5th gen that are chugging along ok on iOS 9. They're a little sluggish but usable, seem to be better off than iOS 8.

Your mileage may vary, and you might need a restore (or wipe & start over) in order to see the greatest benefit. Sometimes your device gets bit rot, things randomly break over time -- I just had to restore the iPod touch 5th gen because it had stopped syncing, and the music browser wasn't working when connecting to a car (both problems I was having even on 8.4.1, so unrelated to the iOS 9 update).

Oct 20, 2015
Updated mine, I think it's much smoother than the previous version due to it's better optimization, Apple focused mainly on performance rather than additional features. Does anyone of you noticed to have longer battery life?

MrMike6by9

Evangelist
Gold
Nov 16, 2008
Maryland, USA
General query ... I've noticed that some app updates seemingly stall prior to the app becoming fully functional. Lately, it's not been uncommon for me to have to delete the unruly updated app and then perform a soft reboot to ultimately get the update to finally finish. In some instances, I've permanently removed the app. Does anyone else experience this? Can anyone a cause or a remedy?

AdvTHANKSance