Should I upgrade to iPhone 6 now or wait for iPhone 6S, iPhone 7?

Discussion in 'iPhone 6S' started by kkdragon, Apr 27, 2015.

1. kkdragon

kkdragon New Member

I have been an iPhone 5 owner for over 2 years. My contract was ended a few months ago. Should I upgrade my phone to iPhone 6 now or just for iPhone 6S or iPhone 7?

#1 kkdragon, Apr 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2015
  2. Docd

Docd Contributor
    Silver

That's more of a personal choice but if your phone is working and it's doing what you want and need I would just wait till the next model comes out which I assume will be called the 6s and 6s+. That iPhone should be out toward the end of September and if your lucky you could get it then but you may have to up to several weeks if you don't get at launch.
    If there is something you can't live without it your old iPhone is not working go ahead and upgrade the 6 and 6+ are good phones and should last you quite a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. Booyow1204

Booyow1204 Contributor
    Silver

I would agree w/Docd, at this point if your phone is working fine and you can hold out you'll only have a few more months left for the next release of the 6S if you pre-order you'll have it soon. I did not have that much patience as I was getting to be over using my 5S. Also for my work phone I was given a 5S as well and I thought that was gonna be too much and I didn't want to be using the 5 for what would seem like forever with work and personal so I upgraded my phone to the 6. I normally upgrade every other and this year is when I broke that trend.

4. dallasjetfan

dallasjetfan Contributor
    Bronze

I would wait and see if the S has any upgrades to the build quality. I have the 6 and have actually had two because I have dropped them. Even with a Tech 21 case the screen was destroyed and the phone has bent. I'm hoping they fortify the phone in some way to help with that.

5. Booyow1204

Booyow1204 Contributor
    Silver

I'd be surprised if they changed the build on the S model, that's very much out of the norm but it is Apple so can't say it won't happen, that sucks you've gone through 2 6's so far, do you use any screen protectors? currently I use the Zagg Invisible shield, I have the topped out version the privacy glass, and so far it's the best I've had for the glass screen protectors, it may be too think for some.

http://www.zagg.com/us/en_us/invisibleshield/apple-iphone-6-screen-protector/invisibleshield-privacy-glass-for-the-apple-iphone-6

6. efuseakay

efuseakay Contributor
    Silver

Little birdy has whispered that Apple is planning on making structural improvements for the S. And maybe pressure sensitive screen like the Watch. We will see in a few months. I'd wait.

7. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

birdy.jpg

8. EverythingApple

EverythingApple Evangelist
    Gold

I was debating about selling my iPhone 6 and getting an iPhone 6Plus. But I think I'll wait until the 7 and 7Plus come out. I've never been an "s" person. lol

9. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

You'll be killing yourself while we're all enjoying Force Touch on our 6s. :D

10. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Why not just upgrade every year? You have Next now. It makes it easy.

11. EverythingApple

Gold

True, but I have to sell my phone every time to pay off my balance. I guess I could switch to the plus and if I don't like it, go back to the 6.

12. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

No, you don't have to pay it off. Just turn it in at the end of the year and upgrade to the new one with no upfront charge except tax. Your bill will stay the same unless you get a bigger phone with a higher storage capacity than you have now.

13. EverythingApple

Gold

Oh ok. But I'm on Next 24, not 12.

14. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Yeah, I recommend switching to plan that allows you to upgrade every year. It's 20 installments, but it allows you to upgrade annually.

15. EverythingApple

Gold

I can change now? I've made 10 payments already.

16. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

What I would do is keep the 6 for now and then pay off the remaining balance you need to turn it into AT&T this fall. It will probably be less than $100 at that point. This small amount you would have to pay is to make up for the difference you saved in installments this year by not getting the annual plan. Then get a 6s Plus on the 12 month/20 installment plan for nothing upfront except tax. After that, you will be able to upgrade every year.

17. Nathaudon

Nathaudon New Member

You have to wait until September before they can upgrade

18. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

That's logical, since the new iPhone won't be out until then. However, I can pay a lump some (EDIT: some? WTH?) )to AT&T to cover the amount due through September and upgrade immediately to another phone if I wish (after turning in my current Next-plan iPhone).

Keep in mind that I'm on the 12 month plan.

#18 Napoleon PhoneApart, Jun 15, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2015
  19. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

That's assuming they already have a 6/6 Plus. Some people still have an older iPhone.

20. digitalcuriosity

Bronze

I bought a THULE ATMOSX# Ultra tough slim case for my iPhone6 it's a really good fitting case and has been dropped tested. I have bought many higher priced so called tough cases but I feel this one at $29US is a good choice. Not implying it will with stand a 20 meg bomb blast or a burst for an AK. but I feel it's good to go for most humans dropping events.