Should I wait for the iPhone 5 or buy an Android Phone now?

Discussion in 'iPhone 5' started by Brueckner, Jun 26, 2011.

1. Brueckner

Brueckner New Member

I have a 16 gb iPhone 4 that I have had for about 1 years. I recently dropped and now have a couple of lines of dead pixels at the top of the screen. I really want a 4g phone with a bigger screen which are two things the iPhone 5 might not have. Also any model suggestions for AT&T that are out or ill be released soon.

2. Irish Rose

Irish Rose Zealot

If you plan on getting an Android device with AT&T, wait for the Samsung Galaxy S2 to be released, which should be soon. IMHO, it will definitely be the best Android for AT&T, and the most comparative to the iPhone 5. Here is a link to a newly released pic of the Galaxy S2 for AT&T. http://Samsunggalaxys2review.org/Samsung-attain-galaxy-s2-att-photo-surfaced I have been waiting for this one to come out for a while. :)

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

3. Brueckner

Brueckner New Member

yes,Galaxy S2 is one of the best Android devices.i like it.

4. Iloveiphones

Iloveiphones Genius
    Platinum

5. Brueckner

Brueckner New Member

6. Irish Rose

Irish Rose Zealot

Hey, if you are interested in keeping up to speed on the latest Androids and a release date when available for the Galaxy S2, there is a nice Android site in the following link: http://www.everythingAndroid.org/

7. Smarty2600

Smarty2600 Member
    Bronze

Well I own an iPod touch and iPad but I had a dumb phone and wanted to upgrade to smart phone but was tired of waiting for Apple so I took the plunge locked in unlimited Verizon data and bought a Droid X2. It took me only a day and half to get used it. I just bought it on Saturday and really like it. There are still some things I miss from iOS and the browser isn't as good as safari especially at pinch to zoom but still good. But to be fair there are third party browsers but I haven't looked at them yet. It's only a choice you can make but both iOS and Android are great operating systems.

8. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

@Smarty2600
    What were you tired of waiting for from Apple?

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

9. BigCiX

BigCiX Zealot
    Gold

The Sg2 should be release here in the states in the July/august/sept time frame. If u can wait it out get that device. If not u can go with the infuse 4G but I heard it lags just like the captivate. If your willing to switch carriers check out the EVO 3D(Sprint) or HTC Thunderbolt(verizon). Those are your options as far as the best andriod devices out.

10. Chancellor

Chancellor Contributor
    Bronze

Evo 3d is an amazing device, on top if that sprints a lot cheaper compared... O and sprint gives you discounts for everything! Work, banking, anything really.

11. chazm

chazm Contributor
    Silver

Buy Android...one less person with an iPhone is fine by me

12. Irish Rose

Irish Rose Zealot

LMAO, best reply! [​IMG]

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

13. iPhone New Jersey

iPhone New Jersey New Member

Get the iPhone you fool!

Sent from my Samantha (my iPhone).

14. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

#14 Napoleon PhoneApart, Jun 30, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2014
  15. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

You might want to be sure the points are applicable before you copy and paste old blog posts. AT&T doesn't have exclusivity anymore; the iPhone has been available on Verizon for several months now.

#15 Europa, Jun 30, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2014
  16. Marko Markovic

It is certain that the Android has a lot to offer especially because of its wide range and large number of machines, but I would always chose the iPhone. Simply I like more the operating system.

17. Smarty2600

Smarty2600 Member
    Bronze

Sorry for the late reply but I was tired of waiting for the iPhone 5, because I wanted higher specs phone and specifically dual core like the iPad 2 because it's just so zippy so I went and bought an Android phone.

18. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

19. Smarty2600

Smarty2600 Member
    Bronze

I've already joined up at everything Android and I'll still hang around here because I have an iPad and iPod touch.

20. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Please keep in mind where you are. If you have an intelligent point to make, fine. We have several Android adherents here who usually make intelligent, cogent points. You're not one of them so far.

#20 Napoleon PhoneApart, Jul 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2014