Should I wait for the iPhone 5 or buy an Android Phone now?

rom x

Zealot
Gold
Jan 18, 2011
I would give it more than a few days of research because you can't research what hasn't come out yet. You know Apple comes out with different things than they let on so who knows what the 5 will be like.
i really don't think Apple will come out with something that hasn't already done. Apple has been playing catchup ever since Android started. yes the ip5 will most likely have a dual core, bigger display, and thinner etc... but all thoes things have already been done Android is already into the quad cores and displays with 1440p HD (even higher quality than 1080p). somehow i don't think the ip5 will have these specs. but i could be wrong.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
Which Androids have quad-core processors and "1440p" displays?

rom x

Zealot
Gold
Jan 18, 2011
Which Androids have quad-core processors and "1440p" displays?
i never said they were in production. only that they are in the testing stage and my guess would be. that by 2012 we will start seeing them come to our cell providers. but make no mistake they will come.

AeroCare

Zealot
Gold
Jul 16, 2009
All over the World !
i never said they were in production. only that they are in the testing stage and my guess would be. that by 2012 we will start seeing them come to our cell providers. but make no mistake they will come.
Well with your logic you'll never buy anything new because in 2012 they might come but then you won't buy them because in 2014 something better will come out, and so forth.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
I must have misunderstood the phrase "already into" then.

Of course Apple will always be "playing catch up" if you only compare their current phone with hypothetical Androids.

rom x

Zealot
Gold
Jan 18, 2011
I must have misunderstood the phrase "already into" then.

Of course Apple will always be "playing catch up" if you only compare their current phone with hypothetical Androids.
when i say playing (catch up) i am talking about current Android phones. it's no secret Android had a bigger screen, dualcore, thinnest phone etc... before iPhone did. and all im saying is that i think Android will be the first again.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
Yeah, it's a common observation that Android's manufacturers release higher-spec phones before Apple. It's also a pretty common observation that specs aren't everything.

Oct 3, 2009
I would give it more than a few days of research because you can't research what hasn't come out yet. You know Apple comes out with different things than they let on so who knows what the 5 will be like.
Funny...when I got my iPad2 and was disappointed with the camera quality, people on here said "well, you knew what the specs were before they released it. All the rumors had it all pegged." Now you say it could be all different.

I doubt anything will be much different than what we already have heard. We all know for sure that the features many want will not be there. Jailbreaking to make the phone do things you want makes people feel like criminals and Apple just feels everyone should switch to the way they do things rather than at least incorporate industry standards. They make it sound like it's about us and for us but it's not. It's about them. Would it kill them to put a sd slot in it? Would it kill them to allow flash? Would it kill them to put a HDMI port on it?

From what I am reading, the 2s is going to come in with better specs and far under the cost of a iPhone.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Criminals? You do know that jailbreaking is legal, right?

AeroCare

Zealot
Gold
Jul 16, 2009
All over the World !
Funny...when I got my iPad2 and was disappointed with the camera quality, people on here said "well, you knew what the specs were before they released it. All the rumors had it all pegged." Now you say it could be all different.

I doubt anything will be much different than what we already have heard. We all know for sure that the features many want will not be there. Jailbreaking to make the phone do things you want makes people feel like criminals and Apple just feels everyone should switch to the way they do things rather than at least incorporate industry standards. They make it sound like it's about us and for us but it's not. It's about them. Would it kill them to put a sd slot in it? Would it kill them to allow flash? Would it kill them to put a HDMI port on it?

From what I am reading, the 2s is going to come in with better specs and far under the cost of a iPhone.
The specs change but what they most likely meant was that you knew the actual specs before you went to buy it at the store. If you didn't check them and relied on rumors then that's not Apple's fault is it? You knew it didn't have SD or hdmi, or anything else when you saw it advertised before you went to buy it. That's why I'm saying wait until it comes out because the specs change and what's being said now is all a rumor until Apple officially displays the product. Nothing new there.

You can't complain about what the iPad2 has or doesn't because they didn't change anything from the time the officially started selling it to when you went to pick up yours. So everything it had you knew before buying it and nobady made you buy it.

Finally jailbreaking is legal and I don't know anyone who feels like they're doing anything illegal, in fact in my personal case I tell everybody I'm on T-Mobile with my iPhone.

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
Finally jailbreaking is legal and I don't know anyone who feels like they're doing anything illegal, in fact in my personal case I tell everybody I'm on T-Mobile with my iPhone.
Oh, I don't know. I had an underground bunker put in with 2' thick steel doors so I could jailbreak with no fear of the authorities finding out.

Oct 3, 2009
The specs change but what they most likely meant was that you knew the actual specs before you went to buy it at the store. If you didn't check them and relied on rumors then that's not Apple's fault is it? You knew it didn't have SD or hdmi, or anything else when you saw it advertised before you went to buy it. That's why I'm saying wait until it comes out because the specs change and what's being said now is all a rumor until Apple officially displays the product. Nothing new there.

You can't complain about what the iPad2 has or doesn't because they didn't change anything from the time the officially started selling it to when you went to pick up yours. So everything it had you knew before buying it and nobady made you buy it.

Actually I bought mine (iPad2) when they started selling it. Bought number one in my city. Actually I have had every iPhone and iPad on launch day.

I didn't say jailbreaking WAS criminal, I said they make you feel like you are a criminal if you do it. Have to give up upgrades and updates to keep extra text tones and what not. All the claims of denied warranty work...which isn't true but they still tell you that. Take your phone to ATT for any problem and their first reaction is "Oh, it's jailbroken, that must be the reason it doesn't work."

I knew what the iPhone4 had before I bought it, what I am saying is that I want more now. I am considering moving out of the shadow of Apple and their way of thinking...."This is all you need and you don't need it to do more."

I know the 4 didn't have HDMI out or a SD card....I am saying I want that. I also know that the iPhone5 will not have it. Apple will never, ever put a SD slot in anything they put out. That's pretty clear.

AeroCare

Zealot
Gold
Jul 16, 2009
All over the World !
Actually I bought mine (iPad2) when they started selling it. Bought number one in my city. Actually I have had every iPhone and iPad on launch day.

I didn't say jailbreaking WAS criminal, I said they make you feel like you are a criminal if you do it. Have to give up upgrades and updates to keep extra text tones and what not. All the claims of denied warranty work...which isn't true but they still tell you that. Take your phone to ATT for any problem and their first reaction is "Oh, it's jailbroken, that must be the reason it doesn't work."

I knew what the iPhone4 had before I bought it, what I am saying is that I want more now. I am considering moving out of the shadow of Apple and their way of thinking...."This is all you need and you don't need it to do more."

I know the 4 didn't have HDMI out or a SD card....I am saying I want that. I also know that the iPhone5 will not have it. Apple will never, ever put a SD slot in anything they put out. That's pretty clear.
Well there you go. If you already know for a fact what the iPhone5 will look like I'm sure you have the same powers of knowledge with the Androids so I wouldn't research anymore and just go buy the Android. I'm sure any Android that comes out will leave you wanting more also. It's just human nature to want more and no phone will have everything you we want we can always find something missing on it.

Regarding jailbreaking if they make you feel that way then you shouldn't even consider an Apple anymore for your own health. I haven't given up any upgrades, I just wait a few weeks until the jailbreak comes out and then I upgrade if I think the upgrade is worth it for me. I was on 4.01 until a few months ago when I finally upgraded to 4.3.3. Anybody that takes an iPhone to AT&T or Apple without spending 4 or 5 minutes restoring it is begging to get slammed. We know the rules so if we can't follow them it's not Apple's fault it's ours.

I've always said I didn't join the Lion's Club because I didn't want to wear the yellow vest so if you really don't like Apple's way of doing businesss then you shouldn't even consider Apple products. That would just be being a masochist, unless you really realize that Apple makes what you want better than the others and that keeps you buying Apple even if you have to complain about it later..

theorioles33

Evangelist
Silver
Jul 21, 2007
USA
The OP already has an iPhone 4. I would keep that over any existing or future Android device. Actually, I am sporting my 3GS right now until the iPhone 5 comes out because I couldnt deal with Android.