Should I wait, or buy a MacBook as soon as?

phsycology

Zealot
Gold
Dec 29, 2007
Bolton, United Kingdom
Hey guys,

I am planning on purchasing a macbook, I could just walk into the store tomorrow and buy it, but I am not sure whether to wait if Apple upgrades them. Too be honest, the upgrade will probably only be to the processor, and even that won't make a big difference. So, my question is, should I wait, or just go ahead and buy it?

Thanks in advance,

Arran

Elbacanazo920

Bronze
Dec 23, 2007
Bronx, NY
My Advice is buy it because I have been waiting since February for a significant upgrade and still nothing, so i found an iBook for a great price and took that. maybe when blue ray hits the macbooks the upgrade will be worth it, but just buy. and good luck getting it tomorrow with all the iPhone 3G lines.

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
Plus, don't you still get a free Touch with purchase?

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
I would get it now. Any "upgrade" would be minor even if there is one. You will love it.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I just bought mine; I see no upgrades in the near future. And even if there are, there's nothing you can do to prevent it. It's the way of technology.

- John

phsycology

Zealot
Gold
Dec 29, 2007
Bolton, United Kingdom
Thanks for the opinions, and here in the UK we don't have our back-to-school promo yet (school year only just ended). But I can get it for £890 with my dad's education discount as a pose to the usual price of £950.

So I think yeh, I'm gonna go for it......................as soon as my dad will take me :)

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
If you haven't owned a mac before, you are going to be amazed. They are soo much better than a PC.
Enjoy.

phsycology

Zealot
Gold
Dec 29, 2007
Bolton, United Kingdom
If you haven't owned a mac before, you are going to be amazed. They are soo much better than a PC.
Enjoy.
Nah, I made the switch in 2006 to a mac mini, totally casting windows out of my life, after using both a windows PC, and an iBook mac laptop since 2005. I now use an iMac G5. I don't think I could ever go back to windows now. A lot of people are complaining about stability issues in Leopard, they need to take a look at vista!

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
A lot of people are complaining about stability issues in Leopard, they need to take a look at vista!
:laugh2: That is too funny. I just recently made the switch and IMO any windows system is junk compared to Leopard. I will never go back.

billnye97

Contributor
Silver
Jun 21, 2007
Cleveland
:laugh2: That is too funny. I just recently made the switch and IMO any windows system is junk compared to Leopard. I will never go back.
I just bought a Macbook recently and am awaiting it's arrival. What is the learning curve with Leopard? I've been a dedicated PC user with no Mac experience so I'm a little worried to have that noob feeling.

stevetim

Silver
Jul 20, 2007
I just bought a Macbook recently and am awaiting it's arrival. What is the learning curve with Leopard? I've been a dedicated PC user with no Mac experience so I'm a little worried to have that noob feeling.
It's not too bad. It's actually much less cluttered than Windows.

You may come to love drag and drop across programs. Such as, drag something you were writing in a text editor, right onto the Mail icon, and it will start an email for you.

BTW, I am a HUGE Dawg fan and will be at the stadium for the home opener versus the Cowboys. I made it to the Dolphins game last year and try to make at least 3 games a year. But living in FL, the Nov/Dec games just too damn cold for me. Let's make the playoffs this year!

billnye97

Contributor
Silver
Jun 21, 2007
Cleveland
It's not too bad. It's actually much less cluttered than Windows.

You may come to love drag and drop across programs. Such as, drag something you were writing in a text editor, right onto the Mail icon, and it will start an email for you.

BTW, I am a HUGE Dawg fan and will be at the stadium for the home opener versus the Cowboys. I made it to the Dolphins game last year and try to make at least 3 games a year. But living in FL, the Nov/Dec games just too damn cold for me. Let's make the playoffs this year!
That definitely seems interesting feature. I'm trying to read as much as I can while I wait for my Macbook to arrive.

On the Browns, I'm going to the game this Thursday and I usually make it to a couple at the Stadium. My friends and I always make one road game a year. Last year was going down to Cincy. This year we're going to Buffalo for the Monday night game. I haven't been this excited for quite some time about the Browns. Hopefully they will come through.