should i wait, or should i just give in?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

dustoff

Aug 15, 2007
so my contract just expired a few days ago with verizon, and i was wondering, should i go in tomorrow and buy an iPhone, or should i hold back for some updated version that no one has a clue about.

thanks in advance.

ahaxton

Aug 5, 2007
Go buy it. Unless you intend on waiting for over a year to buy an updated phone.

Even then you'll just buy a probably not so changed phone for the same price as today, or more who knows.

gcvt

Zealot
Gold
Jun 21, 2007
San Francisco
If you decide to wait, it could be a very long wait. No one but Apple really knows, of course, but I seriously doubt there will be a new iPhone coming out anytime soon.

And, as the previous poster mentioned, it depends on if the missing features are important you.

ahaxton

Aug 5, 2007
Another thing, the more complex the Apple product is the longer it'll be before something gets a new publicized updated version (apart from the technical changes that aren't advertised, manufacturing process, etc)

ahaxton

Aug 5, 2007
well what are the real missing features, and i hack/modded my Motorola Q a lot,so i plan to do the same for my iPhone.
Thats up to you to decide what you think are the real missing features. For me the iPhone doesn't have any that I can even think of.

RyanFavre

Bronze
Mar 16, 2007
Milwaukee
well what are the real missing features, and i hack/modded my Motorola Q a lot,so i plan to do the same for my iPhone.
voice recorder, video recorder, cut and paste, downloadable / customizable ringtones, games and i'm sure i'm missing some others. Many of these have already been addressed by hackers so if that's what you plan on doing with your iPhone buy it now.

Avelek

Bronze
Aug 8, 2007
whats the deal with transferring numbers from another phone to the iPhone?
If you can get them onto your computer, you can sync them onto your phone through outlook or something similar.

As for the original topic, you can find almost anything you need through mods/hacks. So if you're confident with that sort of thing, I would get it now. From my experience there hasn't been many people disappointed after they bought it. The ATT store employee actually said the only returns he's had were people returning 4 gigs for 8 gigs, so I'd say the chance of you being let down are very slim.