Should I wait until the bugs are worked out of the iPhone 2?

schaubster

Jun 6, 2008
My cell phone contract is ending and I am thinking about converting to the iPhone. It seems like a good time with the new iPhone coming out Monday hopefully. But might it be bad to try to get the first of the crop. With cars you want to avoid the first of the new production model because it has the most flaws to work out. Would this apply to the iPhone?

greenjbhsd

Silver
Jul 13, 2007
My cell phone contract is ending and I am thinking about converting to the iPhone. It seems like a good time with the new iPhone coming out Monday hopefully. But might it be bad to try to get the first of the crop. With cars you want to avoid the first of the new production model because it has the most flaws to work out. Would this apply to the iPhone?
I think if you bought this in the first few days you will not see many changes after the initial release (software only). Really this phone closes the gap between what the Generation 1 (G1) phone and the Generation 2 (G2) phone could be, possibly even based on user feedback, but we will never ever know that.

I am personally waiting to see if what the phone itself has to offer is reason to upgrade. Right now with the G1 phone I lack true GPS, video camera, and larger storage (rumors are that the G2 will be 16 and 32Gig in size), and the 3 G network. If this is the basic improvement over the G1 phone I will not be getting a new one. Granted I have an 8 gig phone now, but I don't live on the net, I am selective about what I put on it, and seldom use google maps for true directions and estimates often prove reliable enough. The G1 and G2 will both be able to use the 2.0 software and both be able to use the same apps (early indications at least). True some apps might be network driven and 3G will be great for it, but that is what I am waiting to see - how needed are the upgrades and are they worth it.

michael180

Zealot
Gold
Jun 14, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA
moderntimes.com
This will be a second generation iPhone. Hopefully it will not have bugs, many bugs anyway.;)

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
If it is anything like the first version iPhone, I am not concerned about bugs and problems. I think Apple does a pretty outstanding job of testing their products before selling them to the consumers. I am getting the new version phone as soon as it is released.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
There shouldn't be many bugs to affect the performance of the new iPhone. The current iPhone worked almost flawlessly when it came out and the improvements over time have only made the OS stronger. I wouldn't be too concerned about a faulty OS on the new iPhone.

Jun 26, 2007
The only problem last time was activation... and im SURE they will do better.

May 6, 2007
United States
There really weren't any major bugs with the original iPhone, and Apple has gotten experience through this, so I highly doubt there will be anything major with the "second" iPhone. The generations will become more and more reliable over time as Apple becomes more and more familiar with the process.

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
Even if its a new product, you shouldnt have to worry about there being bugs. Apple constantly releases software updates to address those, if any.

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
There shouldnt be many if none I say :)

But just cause their might be a few "minor" bugs doesn't mean you shouldnt purchase the iPhone, of course it may justify it, but if you spent your whole life waiting for a electronic device to get all the "kinks" out so its 100% operational then you would get left behind and spend your whole for a perfect electronic to come out lol! No electronic (at least its first version) is gonna come out working perfectly fine, thats why theirs forums to help people having problems fix them :)

iAttorney

Bronze
Sep 30, 2007
Houston, TX
what bugs!? All of us v1 owners have been beta testing the iPhone for a year now. Now that steve knows it works, he is ready to roll out the real deal. :p