Should the iPad mini be even thinner, lighter

Discussion in 'iPad mini' started by chris, Nov 3, 2012.

1. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

Given it's lack of a retina display, do you think the iPad mini should be even lighter and thinner? While that would help with reading, would it have an adverse affect on other uses. At some point, thin can be the enemy of ergonomics.

Thoughts?

2. Lon

Lon Evangelist
    Gold

3. Lon

Lon Evangelist
    Gold

Oops. Bad typing fingers. I agree though. I would go for a little fatter device - any of them - in exchange for a 50% increase in battery life. I guess I'm not sure when "thinner" became such a big issue.

4. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

I like the thinness.
    I can't wait for the next updates on all iPads
    I hope they all will be that thin with retina display and even faster chips

5. Booyow1204

Booyow1204 Contributor
    Silver

Next generation iPad mini will be quite nice I bet. I'll wait for the next generation. Probably will get one now that the size decreased and price point dropped. I'm the perfect target audience for the mini. I'd just rather wait for the next update.

6. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

I tend to equate thin with light. For one-handed e-reading, should the mini be lighter?

7. Lon

Lon Evangelist
    Gold

I have only played with the iPad mini at the Apple Store yesterday, and it seemed pretty comfortable. The display looked great as far as I was concerned, and the responsiveness was very acceptable. However the iPhone and iPad are perfect for me. I personally see no need to get into the mid sized market.

8. billnye97

billnye97 Contributor
    Silver

I had to have my car serviced and took the mini to the dealership with me. I found that while reading I could use it one handed for awhile without discomfort. This was something that I couldn't do with my iPad 3. Like you Chris I thought it would be even thinner but I'm pretty happy.

Sent from my iPad mini using iCafe app

9. ITS ME DAVID

ITS ME DAVID Evangelist
    Gold

I hope the next iPad mini 2 is the same thickness and weight just with retina.