Should the iPad mini be even thinner, lighter

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Given it's lack of a retina display, do you think the iPad mini should be even lighter and thinner? While that would help with reading, would it have an adverse affect on other uses. At some point, thin can be the enemy of ergonomics.

Thoughts?

Lon

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 5, 2010
Alaska
Oops. Bad typing fingers. I agree though. I would go for a little fatter device - any of them - in exchange for a 50% increase in battery life. I guess I'm not sure when "thinner" became such a big issue.

Booyow1204

Contributor
Silver
Jul 14, 2010
Las Vegas
Next generation iPad mini will be quite nice I bet. I'll wait for the next generation. Probably will get one now that the size decreased and price point dropped. I'm the perfect target audience for the mini. I'd just rather wait for the next update.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Oops. Bad typing fingers. I agree though. I would go for a little fatter device - any of them - in exchange for a 50% increase in battery life. I guess I'm not sure when "thinner" became such a big issue.
I tend to equate thin with light. For one-handed e-reading, should the mini be lighter?

Lon

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 5, 2010
Alaska
I have only played with the iPad mini at the Apple Store yesterday, and it seemed pretty comfortable. The display looked great as far as I was concerned, and the responsiveness was very acceptable. However the iPhone and iPad are perfect for me. I personally see no need to get into the mid sized market.

billnye97

Contributor
Silver
Jun 21, 2007
Cleveland
I tend to equate thin with light. For one-handed e-reading, should the mini be lighter?
I had to have my car serviced and took the mini to the dealership with me. I found that while reading I could use it one handed for awhile without discomfort. This was something that I couldn't do with my iPad 3. Like you Chris I thought it would be even thinner but I'm pretty happy.

Sent from my iPad mini using iCafe app