Shout Out to Otterbox Customer Service

Discussion in 'iPhone Cases and Accessories' started by btitus, Dec 13, 2012.

1. btitus

btitus Contributor
    Silver

Within the last month and a half I have had to replace two Otterbox Cases (Defender for 4s and Commuter for 5) due to operator errors! My son actually ripped the silicone on his Defender case and I cracked the outer shell of my Commuter trying to take it off. Otterbox sent him a completely new case and are sending me a Defender to replace my Commuter after I explained that I was not happy with it due to the slippery feel of it. My only complaint is that although they are based in Colorado the cases are shipped from Mexico and it takes a little longer to get to me here in North Carolina. I can't complain though as Otterbox has essentially upgraded me each time I have had an issue.

2. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

This is one thing I love about Otterbox. Customer service is important for any businesss, but Otterbox takes it to greater heights. For me and my iPhone 5, I had to get multiple replacements, and they also sent me a new "fixed" screen, due to an error on their part where the screen did not contact the iPhone 5 screen, causing it to be harder to type.

The only complaint I have that I've never experienced with other iPhone Otterbox Defender cases is dirt under the screen and the oil slick bubbles. It's not a huge deal, but just an annoyance. Besides these two issues, I love Otterbox!

3. Kgd0630

Kgd0630 Contributor
    Bronze

My new iPhone 5 defenders (3) are peeling and very worn looking already. Otter just told me its "cosmetic" not a defect. How is a month old case that's peeling not a defect?

Sent using iCafe app

4. btitus

btitus Contributor
    Silver

I'm very surprised by their response. Guess I was "fortunate'" to have actually broken/cracked/ripped my cases. SMH

Sent using iCafe app

5. Jeepinkj

Jeepinkj Member
    Bronze

I have had otter box in both my iPhones and never had an issue getting it replaced. They are always nice and never question. Just got the one on my 5 replaced cause my phone shook inside the case and they said it was a molding issue on the first batch sent out and since I got mine the first day they came out I got stuck with that.. As for shipping mine always come from Colorado and I live in va normally takes like four days once it ships

iPhone5

6. btitus

btitus Contributor
    Silver

For some reason, they have shipped mine from Mexico and shipping times have been 7+ days each time :0/

Sent using iCafe app

7. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

You can request for them to expedite your order to get it shipped out quicker.

Sent using iCafe app

8. btitus

btitus Contributor
    Silver

Hopefully I won't have to have another replacement! ;0)

Sent using iCafe app

9. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

I unfortunately was disappointed with the iPhone 5 otterbox defender issues, so I had to get a few replacements.

Sent using iCafe app

10. btitus

btitus Contributor
    Silver

Ah man, crapola!

Sent using iCafe app

11. btitus

btitus Contributor
    Silver

The Defender case arrived at my local post office yesterday but b/c they closed at 12 noon I wasn't able to go and pick it up. I will go by to get pick it up after work on Wednesday. Not even really sure if I will even put it on. I keep coming back to the clear silicone case I picked up at BestBuy on launch day.