Show caller ID?

elimin80r

Sep 7, 2008
By iPhone has caller ID set "ON" but the option is faded out and I appear as "private number" to my contacts. Would it just be a problem on my providers side?
I'm running jailbroken 2.0.2 by the way.

gotzaiPhone

Zealot
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
Tinley Park, IL
Have you ever set a caller ID block with your SP, maybe on the last phone you had? I know that some phones will give that option on the phone, like my old blackjack (but it didn't always work) and phones that don't give that option needs to be done at the SPs end. I just guessing here, but maybe if its on the SPs end, its overriding the iPhone's option to do that?

elimin80r

Sep 7, 2008
Have you ever set a caller ID block with your SP, maybe on the last phone you had? I know that some phones will give that option on the phone, like my old blackjack (but it didn't always work) and phones that don't give that option needs to be done at the SPs end. I just guessing here, but maybe if its on the SPs end, its overriding the iPhone's option to do that?
I got a new number with the phone so there shouldn't be any settings carried over - must be on their end. I'll give em a ring when I get time...

I know what you're talking about with the Blackjack, I've experienced a similar problem with it too