Show my Caller ID button gone?

budala15

Bronze
Nov 17, 2013
iPhone 5S

Since I upgraded to ios7 my "show my caller id" button is gone. How can I get it back?

Any help is appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone 5S using

Last edited by a moderator:

Se7en.8

Oct 7, 2012
I am running iOS 7 on the new iPhone 5S and I have that option still there. IDK maybe it has more to do with your carrier.

Sent using iCafe app

budala15

Bronze
Nov 17, 2013
I am running iOS 7 on the new iPhone 5S and I have that option still there. IDK maybe it has more to do with your carrier.

Sent using iCafe app
I have Verizon and ios6 had it?

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Is the option missing or is it just greyed out and toggled off?

Check if it appears after you toggle airplane mode on and then off.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Alright. Hopefully, someone with a Verizon iPhone 5s will chime in and post if the option is still there for them. It's possible that Verizon removed it. I have an AT&T 5s and the option is still there.

After verifying that Verizon still supports this, you could try restoring.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Just tried that and is still not there.

is your profile on the phone a carry-over from your previous phone? and if so, was the previous phone jailbroken? I'm on iOS7.0.4, on an iPhone 5, and I have it in settings under phone. Its between Call Waiting and Blocked.
Had to add that I'malso on AT&T

Sent using iCafe app

budala15

Bronze
Nov 17, 2013
is your profile on the phone a carry-over from your previous phone? and if so, was the previous phone jailbroken? I'm on iOS7.0.4, on an iPhone 5, and I have it in settings under phone. Its between Call Waiting and Blocked.
Had to add that I'malso on AT&T

Sent using iCafe app
No I had it in ios6. I upgraded to ios7 and it's gone.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
I have Verizon as well, and I don't see that option in my settings. May have to dial *67 then the number to block your ID.

Sent on iPhone 5 using iCafe app
I really wish verizon would get with the program. janky old network holding customers back.

Sent using iCafe app

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
I really wish verizon would get with the program. janky old network holding customers back.

Sent using iCafe app
I've had Verizon for about 12 years, and I can only think of 1 time I felt the need to block my caller ID. That was an ex wife issue that's all gone under the bridge now. If I had the toggle in settings, I'd probably never use it. Why does everyone want to block their caller ID? Just curious.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
I've had Verizon for about 12 years, and I can only think of 1 time I felt the need to block my caller ID. That was an ex wife issue that's all gone under the bridge now. If I had the toggle in settings, I'd probably never use it. Why does everyone want to block their caller ID? Just curious.

If I am returning a call that called a different number and I don't want them to have my cell number. That's just one example.

Sent using iCafe app

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
If I am returning a call that called a different number and I don't want them to have my cell number. That's just one example.
It's in easier to just use *67 than go into settings, adjust it, make the the call, then go back into settings to adjust it back?

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
It's in easier to just use *67 than go into settings, adjust it, make the the call, then go back into settings to adjust it back?
Since Att went digital, I haven't been able to use the * command codes.

Sent using iCafe app