Show my caller ID = makes iPhones not work?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

kuhne

Oct 27, 2007
my phone stoped making calls all of a sudden.. it received calls, it sent SMS's it worked with wifi but it couldn't make calls.. I tought it was my itrip I use with my iPhone to listen to music in my car, I tought it had fried the phone somehow but in the settings i saw this setting that says "show my caller ID" and it was set to off, i set it to "ON" and then made a call and it worked just fine... i set it to off again and the call didn't work.

first of, my phone was working fine before and I never tweaked that setting before, so I don't know maybe i accidentally turned it off?

secondly, does this happen to anyone else? I am not on ATT, I am on Telcel in Mexico, could it be that telcel doesn't support this feature? nobody here in mexico blocks their ID when they make calls with telcel, it's not possible, the only network here that automatically blocks ID is Nextel. so could it be that if i set my phone to "NOT SHOW" my caller Id, since it can't do it it will just not make the call?

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I turned it on once and the phone stopped making calls. Turned it off and the problem was fixed.

It's likely that it has something to do with unlock, and I'm no expert in that field. Sorry.

kuhne

Oct 27, 2007
I turned it on once and the phone stopped making calls. Turned it off and the problem was fixed.

It's likely that it has something to do with unlock, and I'm no expert in that field. Sorry.
thanks for leting me know I am not the only one