Showing off the iPhone and....

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
So I call up my brother because it's his birthday. After talking a few minutes I tell him about my iPhone and how I have been loving it and the service has been really reliable with AT&T and well....

the call drops. :mad:

I call him back and he's laughing and I have to tell him that really my service has been really reliable and it hasn't been any worse than Sprint. I just hate when this stuff happens when I'm trying to show off the phone. Dropped calls will happen with any service provider but, oh well. Bad timing.

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
I haven't gotten too many dropped calls with AT&T. I get more of the other person sounds "under water" or bad reception.:(

Mark Booth

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
Upon calling back, immediately say: "That must have been YOUR phone because I've got a rock solid signal here!".

I've been using that one for years. 99.9% of the time, the other party admits they are in a "weak" signal area. :D

BTW, most of those years were with Verizon. They aren't immune to dropped calls. In fact, I'm finding that I have better (stronger) AT&T signal in more places than I had with Verizon. I guess I just pick all of the right places to go! :)

Mark

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
Upon calling back, immediately say: "That must have been YOUR phone because I've got a rock solid signal here!".

I've been using that one for years. 99.9% of the time, the other party admits they are in a "weak" signal area. :D

BTW, most of those years were with Verizon. They aren't immune to dropped calls. In fact, I'm finding that I have better (stronger) AT&T signal in more places than I had with Verizon. I guess I just pick all of the right places to go! :)

Mark
wow I never experienced a dropped call with Verizon. I still am a Verizon boy, but I'm not unhappy at all with AT&T. so far everything has been great. What finally got me to switch was I was so tired of Verizon's crappy phone selection. I got the Q when it first came out but man, that phone got old fast. and all of their other phones, what's with the red, clumsy interface that they put on ALL of their non smartphones. ugh.

stevetim

Silver
Jul 20, 2007
Hehe. This story reminded me of one of those ATT commercials where people say something important to the person on the other end, then the call drops. Those are great.

ijosheek

Aug 1, 2007
wow I never experienced a dropped call with Verizon. I still am a Verizon boy, but I'm not unhappy at all with AT&T. so far everything has been great. What finally got me to switch was I was so tired of Verizon's crappy phone selection. I got the Q when it first came out but man, that phone got old fast. and all of their other phones, what's with the red, clumsy interface that they put on ALL of their non smartphones. ugh.
I agree with the phone selection of Verizon. Also, I dislike how Verizon's phones all have the same GUI. No room for personalization. Been with ATT/CINGULAR for two years now. Love it,... the roll-over minutes.

iPhobos

Bronze
Jul 25, 2007
I modded my whole Razr after about 3 months of having it because i couldn't stand how everyone was getting one. Then when verizon finally got their version all i could do was laugh at their GUI. About the ugliest thing ever and just sad because you couldn't add your own ring tones, the camera for some reason stuck out of the phone and the buttons were all screwy. Sad sad sad Verizon, they will never learn

Conan

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
I just called NJ to talk to my Dad and the cell phone connection was far better then when I call my friends here in Dallas. Its weird. I called landline.. he uses the VoIP thing.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Yep, I just have bad nsound quality, no dropped calls yet. The whole things was some company testing cell phone carriers, and they told Cingular that they had they fewest dropped calls, it wasn't really supposed to be advertised. But then they started using it with the whole new AT&T thing. I remember watching American Idol and seeing comercials saying things about fewest dropped calls and becoming the new AT&T.