showtime app? Question

07fa4drSi

Bronze
Feb 11, 2008
Come on now 4 seconds to record video ? Anyone know why or how LOL. I saw that you can donate money to receive a liscence key password ? Will this give me unlmited video time?

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
If you donate it's pretty much limited by file sizes / space on your phone I think. I've definitely done 30-something second ones ...

07fa4drSi

Bronze
Feb 11, 2008
thanks .. i guess il be donating :)

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I can't wait until something like this becomes available in June, because I''l definitely pay for it then - however, I don't want to donate for an app I won't have forever.

- John

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
I can't wait until something like this becomes available in June, because I''l definitely pay for it then - however, I don't want to donate for an app I won't have forever.

- John
Depends whether you think Showtime is a horse worth backing. They have definitely announced their plans to bring their apps across to the App Store and are very gung-ho about the SDK. So it depends on whether you think they have a good, solid head start in this area and will be the first or best app of this kind ...

amiroo79

Bronze
Nov 3, 2007
Southern California
John,

You can probably count on a much more refined version of this app, either from them or another developer(s). Just needs work on the encoding/decoding so it won't take up much room along with the post processing.

What kind of development do you do yourself?

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I might consider donating towards it - if it's updated to capture audio.

As for developing, I just jump around. Some games, a few apps that don't really serve any purpose, like AppFlow. I suppose if I put time into I could come up with something interesting.

- John