ShowTime! Video Recording For REAL!

xsbx

Bronze
Jan 5, 2008
6 fps is really bad... I think [SIZE=-1] Drunknbass is going to be way better and free.
[/SIZE]

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
Theres actually a great post on mmi regarding this application. Apparently Drunknbass, the guy responsible for bringing video recording to the iPhone originally, is accusing iDuncan of creating Showtime using privy information he took as a team-member of the Delicioius Monster project that is set to bring us Video Recording the 15th of this month.

DrunknBass is really firing with all his cannons and iDuncan is dodging and weaving with users taking sides like "I support DnB." Get some popcorn and head over to:

http://modmyifone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24332

Some interesting points

1) DrunknBass is with the Delicious Monster team, the ones chosen to head the official Apple SDK

2) iDuncan is the author of Search for the iPhone, a widely used and revered utility for searching your contacts, calendars etc.

3) DrunknBass does not have any applications up other than LightsOut, which is a collaboration. Everything he has mentioned up to this point is vaporware aside from the video application we saw a few weeks ago. Despite this, there are Donation links throughout his launch posts and site pages.

Example:
http://www.modmyi.com/forums/sho...?t=6980&page=5

The page above points to our own Timan's post which brings DnB's donation scheme to light.

4) iDuncan denies any wrong doing, and states his code is new from the ground up. iDuncan does not have the clout that DnB does, however iDuncan has more software that works actually available sans donations.

---

So, who to believe? The guy who got backing buy Apple? Or the guy who actually has software in distribution?

Montalicious

Bronze
Jul 16, 2007
if u added their source, look in multimedia, or recent packages

Sep 29, 2007
I don't get why they cant let it last longer than 5 seconds. I would rather be able to have 2-3 videos 30 seconds instead of 6 5 second ones.

Is there a difference between 6 five second videos or 1 30 second video?

gcvt

Zealot
Gold
Jun 21, 2007
San Francisco
I don't get why they cant let it last longer than 5 seconds. I would rather be able to have 2-3 videos 30 seconds instead of 6 5 second ones.

Is there a difference between 6 five second videos or 1 30 second video?
It's just all about getting you to donate ;)

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
5 seconds of video at 6 frames a second is a total of 30 images, lol.

In any case, I suggest we all get accustomed to crippleware on the iPhone.

These developers aren't going to hope a donate button will help compensate their time anymore, they want cold hard cash and know there's a user base foaming at the mouth for them. It's the ultimate impulse purchase, all of which can be done right from your phone.

A developer would basically be hoping to do one thing with not charging a price for their software, and thats to hope they get hired or bought out by a larger company, i.e. DeliciousMonster. That's not much of an incentive, a one in a million rags to riches story.

Montalicious

Bronze
Jul 16, 2007
eh. 16 mb for a 5 second video = worthless. i'm waiting for drunknbass to finish his.

Arcano

Bronze
Nov 13, 2007
Nice but no cigar yet. Anyone knows how to delete the video files?

Oct 4, 2007
San Francisco
if you have mobile finder installed on you phone then go into var/root/media/PBFvideo and delete the videos that you don't want.