Shrouded in secrecy, goings-on at SF auditorium suggest it's the site for Apple's Fall event

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
San Francisco Police Department officers have descended upon the Bill Graham Civic Auditorium and are dutifully patrolling the entire perimeter. The secrecy is so thick you can cut it with a knife.

Nonetheless, the only public event on the auditorium's calendar is a Zedd concert on September 16th.

Applications that were filed with the venue's planning department suggest that a "trade show" will run from September 4th until September 10th. Leaked documents from the aforementioned department show that four windows on the Grove Street side of the building will be removed in order to make space for a fifteen-foot-tall fiberboard logo that resembles an oddly shaped star.

At least one individual believes this is all in anticipation of Apple's Fall event, then goes on a rant about who might be shouldering the costs associated with the police presence at the site.

And here's an article at the San Francisco Chronicle with more photos and more speculation. Some folks are upset, and some are excited:

“I’m even the landlord of the building, and they won’t tell me,” bemoaned Rob Reiter, project director for the Civic Center. “I’ve never seen anything like it before, but I’m just a guy in the basement,” he said of his office in the bowels of City Hall.

“It’s some special event! It’s bigger than a goddamned concert, I can tell you that,” said a guard who declined to give her name.

Last edited:

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
Last edited:

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
See, now I'm getting excited!! YAY!! :ROFLMAO:

I've been feeling like oh well, this iteration doesn't seem like it's going to be exciting or, dare I say, worth the upgrade! (Bite my tongue!:eek:) But now with the help of @Rafagon and his wonderfully overdramatic reporting:laugh2:, I'm getting excited! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Thanks @Rafagon you helped me believe in the magic of Apple once again! ROFLMAO!! (Truly - when did I ever stop believing?) Keep those reports coming my man!

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
See, now I'm getting excited!! YAY!! :ROFLMAO:

I've been feeling like oh well, this iteration doesn't seem like it's going to be exciting or, dare I say, worth the upgrade! (Bite my tongue!:eek:) But now with the help of @Rafagon and his wonderfully overdramatic reporting:laugh2:, I'm getting excited! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Thanks @Rafagon you helped me believe in the magic of Apple once again! ROFLMAO!! (Truly - when did I ever stop believing?) Keep those reports coming my man!
It's my pleasure! I'm here for you guys. You know you can count on me for overzealous reporting day and night. Unless I'm sleeping of course :)

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
It's my pleasure! I'm here for you guys. You know you can count on me for overzealous reporting day and night. Unless I'm sleeping of course :)
Thanks @Rafagon I know we can count on you my dahlin'! What would we do without you?!

You deserve to get some sleep sometimes though! We know when you're done resting, you'll come back fresh and chock full of new information. Hey, just don't sleep on September 9th at 1pm EST! We will need your commentary. (y)

bballrob

Genius
Gold
Oct 11, 2009
Alaska
Wow. What kind of timing is THIS for an Apple Event. I will be on cruise to Ensenada that day!! WHAT WAS I THINKING!!

And I've decided against paying outrageous data and wifi access fees on the ship, so I will be OFF THE GRID with no way of knowing anything until we return to port in Long Beach on Friday morning.