Shuffle dead!

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
My 2nd gen shuffle one day decided to stop working--no charging, no powering up, and no getting recognized by my pc and mac. Apple forums yield no help, so------anyone?

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
Jack-did you use it when you worked out? Maybe sweat got in there and fried it. When I got my 2nd Gen shuffle, I posted that I got it to use at the gym. (Someone here warned me about that, so I clip it to the bottom of my gym top instead of the top where the sweat can leak in there).

Dcom and Jack-My husband actually got a 2nd gen shuffle instead of a new gym case for his nano when the price went down to $49. (Case $30, shuffle, $49). He figured the shuffle would last longer than the case he uses at the gym.

dcom

Zealot
Gold
Aug 7, 2007
Suwanee, GA
I use mine at the gym all the time, but I don't clip it to my clothes. I just put it on whatever machine I'm using.

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
Jack-did you use it when you worked out? Maybe sweat got in there and fried it. When I got my 2nd Gen shuffle, I posted that I got it to use at the gym. (Someone here warned me about that, so I clip it to the bottom of my gym top instead of the top where the sweat can leak in there).

Dcom and Jack-My husband actually got a 2nd gen shuffle instead of a new gym case for his nano when the price went down to $49. (Case $30, shuffle, $49). He figured the shuffle would last longer than the case he uses at the gym.
My wife used it when she ran, so I'm sure it got sweat in it. probably just get a new one.

kisstine

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Northern California
I wear mine all the time when I run. Guess I'd never thought about sweat being an issue (given that it has a little clip and all, that's kinda what it's *for*). Anyway, I guess I'll quit clipping it to my sports bra and find somewhere a little drier.. guess that also means that when my shuffle battery dies I probably shouldn't be tucking my 80gig classic into the back of my waistband either. :eek:

dcom

Zealot
Gold
Aug 7, 2007
Suwanee, GA
My wife used it when she ran, so I'm sure it got sweat in it. probably just get a new one.
If you've decided you're going to get another one anyway, why not try drying the other one out. Make sure it's off, and put it in a bowl of rubbing alcohol. Let it soak a few minutes and swish it around a little to let the alcohol get inside it. Take it out, shake it dry then let it dry on a towel overnight (or longer). That may clean it out and get it working.

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
If you've decided you're going to get another one anyway, why not try drying the other one out. Make sure it's off, and put it in a bowl of rubbing alcohol. Let it soak a few minutes and swish it around a little to let the alcohol get inside it. Take it out, shake it dry then let it dry on a towel overnight (or longer). That may clean it out and get it working.
Nah, it's been dead for like 3 weeks now. I'm sure if it was damp, it woulda dried by now. Thanks anyway. ;)

debra

Dec 14, 2008
south Australia
My shuffle died 2 it was working fine battery died so I Recharged it and whoopo nothing no lights ,computer wont even acknowledge it exists can anyone help I 'm desperate