Shure and AT&T launch exclusive iPhone headset

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
http://www.shure.com/PersonalAudio/Products/Earphones/att/index.htm

Go there and look in the upper right hand corner. It says that it is exclusive to the iPhone, but then when you click the link and check compatibility, it only lists the Blackbury Curve. I'm confused.

I am poised to buy this, but I need to be sure it is designed for the iPhone. Also, does it work the iPod functions with the call end button?

I am already pretty sure that sound will be good, given Shure's reputation.

EDIT: Sorry guys, I guess this is old news. I still can't find anywhere that says whether or not they work with the iPod controls though...

420greg

Silver
Jun 26, 2007
Orlando, Florida
Compatible with Apple iPhone and 3.5mm stereo - 4 pin music enabled phones
This means it works with the mic and the clicker. Regular stereo plugs have 3 parts. Tip, Ring and Sleeve. If you look at the earphones that came with your iPhone you will see it is Tip, Ring, Ring, Sleeve. The extra channel is for the mic and the switch.

So yes they will work.

Wonder how much they are going to be?

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
This means it works with the mic and the clicker. Regular stereo plugs have 3 parts. Tip, Ring and Sleeve. If you look at the earphones that came with your iPhone you will see it is Tip, Ring, Ring, Sleeve. The extra channel is for the mic and the switch.

So yes they will work.

Wonder how much they are going to be?
$100. Are you sure your explanation affirms that they will work the iPod controls? I think we can be sure that the button will control the mic in a call, but what about the iPod software within the phone. I think this needs to be verified by someone who has used them.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
Awesome. It's about time a quality headset comes out with a mic/button. Adapters are a pain.

AND they're black. As an aside, don't you guys think all accessories for the iPhone should be black?

Anyway, i have a set of Shure phones i bought for my ipod, and i was distraught to find they didn't fit in my iPhone... and to think i was about to try to shave the plastic off of the plug...