Side by side, 4 faster than 4s on some things

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Oct 3, 2009
I am noticing a few things where the 4 is faster side by side with the 4s. Exiting apps is about twice as fast. Loading the settings app is faster on the 4 also. Switching from photo to video is faster on the 4 but going from video to photo is faster on the 4s. Waking up from sleep to get to the lock screen....I mean when the screen is off and you hit the home button, the 4 is faster...quite a bit faster. \

There are a couple more things but exiting apps is noticeably slower on the 4s. That's why I started comparing things.

Aug 1, 2007
I am noticing a few things where the 4 is faster side by side with the 4s. Exiting apps is about twice as fast. Loading the settings app is faster on the 4 also. Switching from photo to video is faster on the 4 but going from video to photo is faster on the 4s. Waking up from sleep to get to the lock screen....I mean when the screen is off and you hit the home button, the 4 is faster...quite a bit faster. \

There are a couple more things but exiting apps is noticeably slower on the 4s. That's why I started comparing things.
Odd. Probably not FULLY optimized with the dual core processor yet.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
All of those processes are faster on my 4s than they were on my 4. You might want to try a hard reset.

Oct 3, 2009
All of those processes are faster on my 4s than they were on my 4. You might want to try a hard reset.
Is that anecdotal or do you have them side by side pushing the buttons? I have both side by side. The 4s purchased on launch day and the 4 purchased just tonight.

Oct 3, 2009
Maybe it's mostly a delay in the phone reacting to the home button that I am seeing.

Gotta go to the ATT store and compare to one of their display models.

Oct 3, 2009
Found my problem. It was driving me nuts. Found the solution on MacRumors. Somehow I had triple click for black and white on. Turned it off and it's about the same speed as the iPhone 4.

Made a huge difference with the triple click on.

Ffmaster1

Bronze
Oct 8, 2011
Are both devices running ios 5?
I noticed that my iPhone 4 was faster in some things you have mentined with ios 4..

Oct 3, 2009
yes, everything iOS5 . Some things the 4 is still faster on but the huge delay when hitting the home button on the 4s is for the most part gone.