Sidekick 3 or iPhone?

thaforgottenone

Jul 20, 2007
i had SideKicks frm all its life span and its cool at first then it gets boaring... only reason why i saty'd with it frm SK1-SK2-SK3 was its AIM and email app... but tha iPhone is Boss, it goes... better than tha SideKicks any day

iMeth

Jul 17, 2007
baby oahu
you get unlimited text,aim,internet and 24/7 t-mobile

you get a better sexier phone with 200text,unlimited slow edge network data and a contract with suckular i mean cingular aka AT&T which customer service and stores close on sundays....

i would stay with t-mobile and hope for an unlocked iPhone (which is bound to happen)...

Witness

Zealot
Gold
Jun 18, 2007
Miami,Florida
my friend has a sidekick and i have seen him use it,, his internet isint like iPhone internet its all like cheap ,, he has to roll the little ball so many times to get somewhere on a page,, i don't like his sidekick 3 has like no memory and its fatter ,, get an iPhone ,,peace

why

Aug 3, 2007
Boston
It really depends what you are going to use it for. If you like 16 and your going to use AIM 24/7 and want the sort of kiddie look of the sidekick, then I would stick with that.

If you want a full browser, a real iPod, email, a sleek phone and sleek OS, then get the iPhone.

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
I currently use a sidekick 3 and I am enjoying it. I wish it supported video. It was a freebie phone my father wanted to get rid of so can't complain.

However on september of 08 I will be switching to AT&T for an iPhone. That's when my TMo contract ends. Long time to wait but also exiting! Rather than blowing near $1000 bucks now I can anticipate what the iPhone will be in just over a years time and snatch it up then.

I personally find it funny to myself that I use this here sidekick to do nearly all my daily research on the iPhone!

hyphy25

Aug 8, 2007
Obviously, this is a site where were gonna be biased to iPhone, but does anyone have a Sidekick 3, if they do, offer what they think about it. I'm either getting am iPhone or a SK3 for my new phone!
Thanks
i have a sidekick 3 and the device isn't bad...but the service is horrible i had that service for about 3 months, it was the worst 3 months ive had tmobile is the worst....your better off with the iPhone

ps49556n

Silver
Jun 21, 2007
NYC
Nice try but those pathetic faux iPhones are laughable.... :p:p:p:p:p

Last edited by a moderator:

ATT*Mark

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007

you get a better sexier phone with 200text,unlimited slow edge network data and a contract with suckular i mean cingular aka AT&T which customer service and stores close on sundays....

i would stay with t-mobile and hope for an unlocked iPhone (which is bound to happen)...

hahaha thats so funny . the sidekick 3 is an inferior phone in every way , it cant MMS just like the iPhone. oh it has aim omg thats the deal breaker! sidekick 3 is on gprs which is slower than edge....and everyone knows t-mobile recpetion sucks ass its an inferior service provider . but their customer service is better , so if you are the type of person that calls customer service daily to piss and moan t-mobile is the better choice. not to mention instead of 63 million cingular/att customers you get to talk to for free, you get 5 people with t-mobile holy crap! thats awesome i can talk to 5 people for free instead of 63 million wooo hooo! sidekick unlimited data with unlimited text is 30 bucks ,big deal 10 bucks cheaper . id much rather have good coverage and pay a bit more.

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX

and with tmobile you get inferior phones, inferior coverage, stripped down internet pages, and gprs network, which by the way is slower than the "slow" edge network. btw, almost 2 months of using the iPhone with a lot of edge use and I'm not unhappy with it at all. Sure it's not EVDO like i was used to with Verizon, but it's not all that bad when there's not a wi-fi connection.

skiz420

Bronze
Jul 28, 2007
Boston
the sidekick is good if you just want to do email and IM... if you use aim all day everyday just save yourself the trouble and get the sidekick... get the iPhone if you want the a phone+full internet browser+ipod... and have 600$ to pony up for it.... i think the new sidekick ID is going for 99$ now