Sidekick Data Plan (T-Mobile) on iPhone

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

viperboy

Sep 11, 2007
hey all. i just added the sidekick data plan to my prepaid account (even though i don't own a sidekick ;)) and multiple reps have confirmed that texting from another device other than the sidekick will still be included in the sidekick data plan. basically, your texts come out of your unlimited pool from the sidekick data plan and ther are no charges per text.

i only have $.08 in my account now because im going to find out if there is a loophole still that if there is less than $1 but more than $.01 texting still works, but internet doesn't. i don't want to try and use internet because i don't want to draw attention to the fact that im not using a sidekick.

but i wonder... is there a way to do what was done with the t-zones internet option on the iPhone but using the sidekicks settings? i think the IM, email, and web all go through their servers, so maybe there is a way?

viperboy

Sep 11, 2007
no one cares? and apparently, i think they fixed that loophole. my texting (incoming) stopped working tonight cause i only had $.03 cents left in my account. but my outgoing still worked... weird...

but i called to get that fixed and i just added more minutes and i spoke to someone in sidekick tech and asked about the sidekick internet on the iPhone and she said she didn't know if it would work. i asked her for all the network information that goes into a sidekick and she gave it to me...

APN: hiptop.t-mobile.com
Username: dummy
Passwork: dummy

i tried this, however, but it didn't work. i restarted too and still nothing. so i guess for any shot of this working, you'd need to do what was done to make the iPhone work on tzones. any ideas on what info might need to be added to the preferences.plist or any other modifications?

metarot

Oct 5, 2007
no one cares? and apparently, i think they fixed that loophole. my texting (incoming) stopped working tonight cause i only had $.03 cents left in my account. but my outgoing still worked... weird...

but i called to get that fixed and i just added more minutes and i spoke to someone in sidekick tech and asked about the sidekick internet on the iPhone and she said she didn't know if it would work. i asked her for all the network information that goes into a sidekick and she gave it to me...

Username: dummy
Passwork: dummy

i tried this, however, but it didn't work. i restarted too and still nothing. so i guess for any shot of this working, you'd need to do what was done to make the iPhone work on tzones. any ideas on what info might need to be added to the preferences.plist or any other modifications?
Sidekick data plan only works with Sidekick.

viperboy

Sep 11, 2007
Sidekick data plan only works with Sidekick.
Maybe the edge wont work on the iPhone but if you read, i already confirmed that unlimited texting on the iPhone falls under the sidekick texting part of the data plan. So it does work for SMS atleast.

zach12592

May 3, 2009
the sidekick plan will work on the iPhone 3G. i have an unlocked AT&T phone. (not iPhone) and it works and it's fast on the sidekick plan. for the iPhone this is what you do.

User: dummy

Pass: dummy

then what you do is turn off 3G on your iPhone and turn on data roaming. if it still doesn't work restart the phone it it should be great.

Jun 30, 2009
i got tmobile, have an iPhone, and my data APN settings are :
internet2.voicestream.com
no user
no password.....leave blank.

ben i

Aug 9, 2009
Sidekick internet just stopped working

Hey you guys.
I've been using my sidekick internet data plan on my iPhone 3g for like 6 months now and just yesterday the internet stopped working.
I tried resetting network settings and retyping the apn, username, and password....still no luck.
Any ideas?

elogan

Aug 9, 2009
ben i,

same with mine. i've been using a 3g a little over the month on the sk plan and mine stopped working yesterday afternoon. tried to reset it and restart, etc, and nothing. if anyone knows anything about it, help us! ;)

lol961

Aug 9, 2009
hey guys hmm i see you guys can go online? with the t-mobile sidekick data plan? ok i think i can help u guys to fix this First Go To Settings>Reset>Reset Network Settings. After That Go To Settings>General>Network>Disable 3G and Turn Data Roaming On. Then Click On Cellegular Data Network> APN: Hiptop.T-Mobile.com Username: dummy Password: dummy i hope this will help :D

ben i

Aug 9, 2009
Tried it...still no luck

Hey lol961
Thanks a lot for your help, but unfortunately I tried everything and still no luck with my internet. The internet stopped working on Saturday afternoon and still remains down. Apparently the "Server is not responding."
I don't know what happened all of a sudden.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks a lot to everyone

lol961

Aug 9, 2009
Hey lol961
Thanks a lot for your help, but unfortunately I tried everything and still no luck with my internet. The internet stopped working on Saturday afternoon and still remains down. Apparently the "Server is not responding."
I don't know what happened all of a sudden.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks a lot to everyone
hmm lemmie see if i can try to help u again since no one has any idea what to do.. if ure phone is jailbroken please go to cydia and search for T-Mobile US- Prepaid Sidekick. Install It And Reboot Your Phone I Hope This Definatly Would Help Or Im Out Of Clue..

merman1

Aug 11, 2009
No Data - sidekick unlimited

I am also having issues with my iPhone 3G receiving data and visiting websites since last Fri August 7. I noticed i couldn't use Google Maps app. All other apps are also affected. Safari cannot open any website. I can only place calls and send SMS.

I switched back to my sidekick phone and all services seem to be up on the device. Mobile websites were accessible.

No change occurred when i reinserted the sim back into the iPhone.

What I tried
-Changing the APN
-Upgraded OS from 2.2.1 to 3.0

Currently Have
iPhone 3G
TMobile Sidekick unlimited plan
OS 3.0 jailbroken + unlocked

Hope someone finds a solution to this problem

ben i

Aug 9, 2009
Same Issue

Merman1-
We are having the same issue, along with some others who have made posts.

I hope some help comes soon.

ben i

Aug 9, 2009
Pay option...

I have found another option, however it requires that we pay (or at least is said that my current internet plan was not compatible with my phone and I had to purchase a new plan).
Just type in epc.tmobile.com in the apn box in network settings. Leave the rest blank.
Tell me what you guys get...because this is not working for me.

bluefish1

Aug 11, 2009
sidekick on SE xperia

Forgive me for not having a iPhone, but I have been using the t-mobile sidekick data plan for about one month now without any problems. However since yesterday I have not been able to do any browsing and none of my applications has been able to access internet either.

Called t-mobile support and they said that since very recently sidekick plans would not work on none-sidekick phones to close the loophole. Don't know if it's just something they said, but since all of us suffered the problem virtually at the same time it migt be that we have to look for another alternative....