Sideways keyboard?

smittylube

Bronze
Feb 19, 2008
Silicon Valley
So I after having the iPod touch I ponied up for the iPhone.. It is awesome IMO.

I love the feature of the keyboard flipping and being larger when in safari- Do I need to wait for an update or jailbreak to get the same feature for e-mail and the other keyboard functions? If so where do I look?

Steve

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
that is something many of us have been waiting for since the beginning. i don't believe there is a current solution.

jpm

Bronze
Aug 5, 2007
It’s not built in (But it should be). For now the best thing is a free app called Easywriter (Works for email but not SMS). It’s in the app store.

So I after having the iPod touch I ponied up for the iPhone.. It is awesome IMO.

I love the feature of the keyboard flipping and being larger when in safari- Do I need to wait for an update or jailbreak to get the same feature for e-mail and the other keyboard functions? If so where do I look?

Steve
like jpm said there are several apps in the appstore that allow you to write out emails on a landscape keyboard. For landscape texting, i use irealsms through cydia. Its like 7.50 but imo it is worth it... the lanscape text is nice... they also allow you to experience it via a trial version but its a watered down version... i'd just buy it :laugh2:

jpm

Bronze
Aug 5, 2007
It’s not built in (But it should be). For now the best thing is a free app called Easywriter (Works for email but not SMS). It’s in the app store.
where can I find the info on cydia?
When I google I get links to Apple / cydia

Steve

I did say Easywriter is FREE and currently in the app store and does not require jail breaking? Hint hint, easy and free.

smittylube

Bronze
Feb 19, 2008
Silicon Valley
yes I did get easywriter-- (- ezritr) thank you.
Now I am trying to learn more about J/B & cydia
Steve

Falanx

Nov 2, 2008
So guys sorry this may be offtopic, but in order to use cydia, its not enough to have your iPhone unlocked, it HAS to be j/b?

smittylube

Bronze
Feb 19, 2008
Silicon Valley
I do like the easywriter- seems to work well- also the zoom text is nice also.

Steve.

I am doing my homework on J/B & U/L - Is there a place to see the cydia apps and winter board & springboard before I do the JB? I know someone who works at a W/L store that does the whatever is needed to use vorizon or tmobile with the iPhone. She can get me going..

I do like the easywriter- seems to work well- also the zoom text is nice also.

Steve.

I am doing my homework on J/B & U/L - Is there a place to see the cydia apps and winter board & springboard before I do the JB? I know someone who works at a W/L store that does the whatever is needed to use vorizon or tmobile with the iPhone. She can get me going..
heres a link to a lot of the apps available in cydia

and if you check out modmyi.com and go to downloads/themes/
you can see the different kinds of springboard mods you can do

Last edited by a moderator:

blumoonz

Nov 12, 2008
in case anyone's interested, biteSMS lets you type your text in landscape mode. available in Cydia.:)