Sigh, Switcheasy Capsule Rebel fail.

Jul 19, 2008
London or Miami
Im so disappointed. After about 5months or so with the switcheasy capsule rebel ive noticed it has a fatal design flaw. The bottom "bar" of the silicone like part of the case has bowed about half an inch away from the bottom chrome finish on the phone. The soft plastic/silicone part of the case lost its shape, and the only wear it saw was sliding into and out of my hoodie or jeans pocket. Such a pity considering i love the combo SwitchEasy did with the Rib like hard plastic and soft silicone/plastic. Ill post pics when i get a chance.

So...because of this im looking for a nice case. I was thinking of maybe trying the Capsule Neo.

How has the long term use of the case held up. Has the soft parts lost its shape. How good is the case etc. Cmon EIC help me out! pro's and cons.

*also considering the Incase as a last last resort, only if it comes in white.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
*also considering the Incase as a last last resort, only if it comes in white.
I think you would really like the incase Slider. I've had one on my 3g since I got it back in October, and a) my phone still looks new b) the case shows very little wear. c) it will protect your phone (except the screen)

Spoolin414

Bronze
Dec 6, 2007
Ft Lauderdale, FL
Just Ordered the SwitchEasy Capsule Neo. Should have it anyday, let you guys know my feedback on it.

PepeRB29

Mar 21, 2008
8 mile
london, i had the same issue with my switcheasy so i just emailed them asking if there was a warranty or anything like that as the bottom started to sag. they just asked me to take some pics and they sent me a brand new case (which seems to be reinforced in that area) so if you want give that a whirl, they were really cool to work with.

Jul 19, 2008
London or Miami
Pepe, im going to take pics when i get home today and show EIC and email switcheasy about it. What will they replace it with? The same rebel case or will they give me one of my choice because if i can get the black/white storm trooper Rebel then i want it.

Did you also have an arctic case? I have an arctic rebel.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Pepe, im going to take pics when i get home today and show EIC and email switcheasy about it. What will they replace it with? The same rebel case or will they give me one of my choice because if i can get the black/white storm trooper Rebel then i want it.

Did you also have an arctic case? I have an arctic rebel.
I would certainly try this first, but otherwise I agree with Hawk. I have had the incase Slider on my 3G since the day I got it. Only case I have had for the 3G. When I had the V1, I was a case whore and used numerous cases but I have been very pleased with the incase Slider.

PepeRB29

Mar 21, 2008
8 mile
i had/have the white rebel. if you just talk to them and tell them you want to try a different one perhaps they would be open to working something out. like i said they were really cool to deal with so i don't think it is out of the question.

QuE1999

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
I would certainly try this first, but otherwise I agree with Hawk. I have had the incase Slider on my 3G since the day I got it. Only case I have had for the 3G. When I had the V1, I was a case whore and used numerous cases but I have been very pleased with the incase Slider.
Yes I agree with the Slider people... I've had the arctic, and the black rebel, and they both did exactly what you said and basically just got, "old and worn". Plastic started molding, they looked like a mess. I gave in and went with the Slider and I love it. It's scratch proof, it's got the rubber rails inside for impact protection and it's so solid that I really feel like if I drop it the impact won't go through that hard plastic much at all... I love it, paired it up with a decal girl on the front and my phone has a great look to it. Slider till the end... :cool:

Attachments

Jul 19, 2008
London or Miami
Yes I agree with the Slider people... I've had the arctic, and the black rebel, and they both did exactly what you said and basically just got, "old and worn". Plastic started molding, they looked like a mess. I gave in and went with the Slider and I love it. It's scratch proof, it's got the rubber rails inside for impact protection and it's so solid that I really feel like if I drop it the impact won't go through that hard plastic much at all... I love it, paired it up with a decal girl on the front and my phone has a great look to it. Slider till the end... :cool:
Oh wow, your phone is nice!.
Im home now, ill post pictures of the case when i get the chance.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
If you're looking for new cases, I always recommend Seidio. I have an old V1 case from them, and I think the Innovision II is one of the nicest cases out there for 3G. I hope they make something similar for the next iPhone because I'll probably stick with them if they do.

Just my $.02

map1978

Bronze
Jan 21, 2009
Loving the metallic red incase slider. Looks great with my PS anti-glare. It is my personal favorite "thrown in the pocket" case. Def worth the money and don't believe the hype that this case scratches the back plastic.

Last edited by a moderator:

kenintmkt

Feb 26, 2009
it seems ok, but did it secure the phone from being slipped out?

Jul 19, 2008
London or Miami
To bring it back on topic, i sent an Email to switcheasy and im still waiting for a reply. Its been 2days now, other than that my 3g is white... i want a white case or white/black.

SikShift

Zealot
Gold
Jul 22, 2008
Bradenton, FL
If you ever consider the Capsule Neo, lemme know, I still have mine from my iPhone days.

Good luck either way :laugh2:

Jul 19, 2008
London or Miami
Im still here waiting for their email. Is their company that small lol? Ill be so pissed if they deny me a replacement case...and if they do deny me i wont buy anything from them again.

But we shall see when they hurry up and reply to my email sigh~

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
Loving the metallic red incase slider. Looks great with my PS anti-glare. It is my personal favorite "thrown in the pocket" case. Def worth the money and don't believe the hype that this case scratches the back plastic.

i tried this case on and it took me like 10 min to take the phone off... it was stuck on there.. and it peeled off my anti-glare.... i had a bad experience with this case....

Last edited by a moderator:

PepeRB29

Mar 21, 2008
8 mile
Im still here waiting for their email. Is their company that small lol? Ill be so pissed if they deny me a replacement case...and if they do deny me i wont buy anything from them again.

But we shall see when they hurry up and reply to my email sigh~
weird, i got an email back within about 20 min from sending them mine.

i searched through my inbox and found the contact info for you (not sure if you are using the same one) but this is the guy i dealt with, he was really cool and quick to respond:

sezoltan@switcheasy.com

his name is zoltan stiener, hope that helps you out :)

Jul 19, 2008
London or Miami
weird, i got an email back within about 20 min from sending them mine.

i searched through my inbox and found the contact info for you (not sure if you are using the same one) but this is the guy i dealt with, he was really cool and quick to respond:

sezoltan@switcheasy.com

his name is zoltan stiener, hope that helps you out :)
Ill email him then. The email is originally had is their customer service one im guessing.