+ sign in iTunes store?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
just updated to 1.1.1 on the iPhone and when i go to the iTunes store on the iPhone there is a little + sign next to some songs.... what dose this mean?

thanks

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
ok i looked it up..... that means that they are rights free... that means that you bought the song with out restrictions, meaning that you can burn it as you with and can be uploaded to as many ipods as you want... they are 1.29 and not the .99 that the song usually is... but if this is true [ that the + is DRM, then why not just say that the song is 1.29 and not put a + sign to the .99?

weird

enigmanic

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
ok i looked it up..... that means that they are rights free... that means that you bought the song with out restrictions, meaning that you can burn it as you with and can be uploaded to as many ipods as you want... they are 1.29 and not the .99 that the song usually is... but if this is true [ that the + is DRM, then why not just say that the song is 1.29 and not put a + sign to the .99?

weird
Yes, DRM free means you can use them on non-Apple devices. I have an Archos MP3/video player and the DRM free songs work great. Apple recently reduced the price of the DRM songs to .99 cents.