signatures

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Scottshotz

Bronze
Sep 25, 2007
I was just noticing how long some people's signatures are and thought I might ask if these were really necessary. Im not trying to be a hater. But i don't think its necessary for me to have scroll through all the bs some people have on theirs. I'm not using names, but I read a post today with 2 lines as the post, THEN A 24 LINE SIGNATURE! That's crazy. Its wasted space if ya ask me. Could fit two to three posts where this one post is. Another example is someone had what I believe was a tape converter listed in their sig.....really dude? I'm not saying its something that's ruining my visits to the site. I'm just saying maybe their should be a limit. Keep it short and relevant. I don't care how many different model cameras and adaptors and toilet paper you have. I came to talk iPhone. Just thought this might be worth mentioning. (p.s. Please nobody take this personally.)

scandalex

Silver
Sep 16, 2007
I was just noticing how long some people's signatures are and thought I might ask if these were really necessary. Im not trying to be a hater. But i don't think its necessary for me to have scroll through all the bs some people have on theirs. I'm not using names, but I read a post today with 2 lines as the post, THEN A 24 LINE SIGNATURE! That's crazy. Its wasted space if ya ask me. Could fit two to three posts where this one post is. Another example is someone had what I believe was a tape converter listed in their sig.....really dude? I'm not saying its something that's ruining my visits to the site. I'm just saying maybe their should be a limit. Keep it short and relevant. I don't care how many different model cameras and adaptors and toilet paper you have. I came to talk iPhone. Just thought this might be worth mentioning. (p.s. Please nobody take this personally.)
I think this topic WILL turn personal- although you ask that it doesn't. Some people, for whatever reason, feel the need to display in a signature all the things they have amassed within their lifetime.

Coming to this site on my computer, I try my best to ignore signatures that are longer than the Bill of Rights. My monitor/tv is 26", so the 'page down' key takes me past the signatures in a hurry.

On the other hand, coming to this site on my iPhone or ANY smaller device is a chore. Just try it on a Treo, whose screen is much smaller than an iPhone, you'll see what I mean.

Unless the admin has a problem with it or enough people complain, I don't see it changing.

There's long signature and then there's just overkill!

reas0n

Silver
Jul 1, 2007
Stamford, CT
www.ohitsjustpete.com
any one who has been here for a while and actually reads through the threads knows who he is talking about....ive looked at the signature in question a few times like WTF? i mean ive been here for a while and i don't even have a sig...let alone the alrgest sig in the world... its very unnesseccary and a bit excessive if you ask me...who really cares if you have an electric cheese grater?

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
If anyone has an overly obnoxious signature, just send me a PM. I'll handle in private with the offender. I offer a liberal policy when it comes to signatures, allowing folks to promote their blogs, etc. Some come here for nothing more than to blatantly promote their site which drives me nuts. If you put your site link in a normal font and provide a link, than you'll probably have visitors if your tendency here is to help out fellow members.

-Chris