Significant Call Drops

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

netshadow

Bronze
Apr 21, 2007
Upstate NY
I have an iPhone 4Gs on AT&T and have noticed significant call drops over my past iPhone 4. Was wondering if anyone else was experiencing the same? "Significant" is 3-5 times a day!

jaydoc1

Contributor
Silver
Sep 23, 2007
With the exception of one dropped call in an area that I ALWAYS dropped calls, I haven't dropped one yet.

iOmen

Oct 16, 2011
I smell something fishy here. A large wave of people in 2 days with iPhone complaints. I call a spammer
I've been having a lot of dropped calls with the new 4s compared to the iPhone 4. With the 4 I've never dropped a call or had a call failed in the middle of the call. I'm on AT&T in Texas.

rom x

Zealot
Gold
Jan 18, 2011
I've been having a lot of dropped calls with the new 4s compared to the iPhone 4. With the 4 I've never dropped a call or had a call failed in the middle of the call. I'm on AT&T in Texas.
are you using both phones raw dawg style or are you using a bumper on the 4 and not on the 4s? just trying to get to the root of the problem is all.

iOmen

Oct 16, 2011
are you using both phones raw dawg style or are you using a bumper on the 4 and not on the 4s? just trying to get to the root of the problem is all.
bumpers on both. And also haven't noticed yet on ios5.0.1. Haven't made many calls on the new software lol. Will see for sure during the work week.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
I smell something fishy here. A large wave of people in 2 days with iPhone complaints. I call a spammer
Every new person on eiC isn't necessarily a spammer. Although we have had a voluminous amount of spammers recently. Most of them being copy and pasted posts from MacRumors.

iOmen

Oct 16, 2011
Keep in mind this was before the update. So would really need
To see this week what happens plus I'm going to Albuquerque new Mexico for the week. Results could be different up there.

Iloveiphones

Genius
Platinum
Aug 5, 2010
chatsocially.com
Keep in mind this was before the update. So would really need
To see this week what happens plus I'm going to Albuquerque new Mexico for the week. Results could be different up there.
I'm just trying to troubleshoot here. Let's see if the antennas are bad. Do you have speedtest on your iPhone? Test that on 3G and see how it does. This may tell if there is something wrong, but most likely not. Worth a shot. Then share it with us. This really shouldn't be happening as the 4S is designed to not drop calls and to switch off and on the antennas while on a call to not drop them.

iOmen

Oct 16, 2011
I'm just trying to troubleshoot here. Let's see if the antennas are bad. Do you have speedtest on your iPhone? Test that on 3G and see how it does. This may tell if there is something wrong, but most likely not. Worth a shot. Then share it with us. This really shouldn't be happening as the 4S is designed to not drop calls and to switch off and on the antennas while on a call to not drop them.
I don't have speed test. Do I use while on a call?

Iloveiphones

Genius
Platinum
Aug 5, 2010
chatsocially.com
so if my antennaes are bad, would that mean new phone if I take it in to Apple store?
Yes sir. From the test, your speeds are fine. Better then mine. :) I'm guessing it's either AT&T or your phone. Try calling Apple first. It's free! Ell, it hasn't been 3 months yet. 1-800-MY-iphone (1-800-694-7466)

See what they say, have your serial ready.

iOmen

Oct 16, 2011
I have Apple care plus also. And they just put an Apple store here in el paso. So do I just tell them I'm getting a lot of dropped calls compared to my iPhone 4. And that I've tested the speeds which are good according to you.