Significant Call Drops

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
I have Apple care plus also. And they just put an Apple store here in el paso. So do I just tell them I'm getting a lot of dropped calls compared to my iPhone 4. And that I've tested the speeds which are good according to you.
do you have good signal strength in your area?

Iloveiphones

Genius
Platinum
Aug 5, 2010
chatsocially.com
I have Apple care plus also. And they just put an Apple store here in el paso. So do I just tell them I'm getting a lot of dropped calls compared to my iPhone 4. And that I've tested the speeds which are good according to you.
Yes. I get about 0.65 Mbps down and about 1.00mbps up. Sorry about the late response!

iOmen

Oct 16, 2011
do you have good signal strength in your area?
yes like I said im usually at 3 bars to full through out the day. Inside buildings usually 3 like right now in my house. I do know the dead spots in my area where I go on edge or no signal. But my calls drop mostly on 3G with half to full bars. Even in the deadspots I wont drop a call. What's funny is the person on the other end of the line admits its there phone that dropped the call when they call back.

Laylapotata

Bronze
Nov 14, 2011
There's a thread floating around the internet somewhere with multiple complaints that this started happening to people after the upgrade, mostly in places other than north america. I just found it by goggling IO5.1 upgrade, to see if there were any complaints before I upgraded my 4.

netshadow

Bronze
Apr 21, 2007
Upstate NY
I started this thread because of a problem with my iPhone 4S. I am not a spammer and have been a member for several years.. The problems persists with the upgrade to 5.0.1 and I have a microcell from AT &T in my home to insure signal strength. I have done a hard reset and it has no impact on this issue. Going to the Apple store this afternoon to see what they have to say.

netshadow

Bronze
Apr 21, 2007
Upstate NY
Well, spent Wednesday at the Apple store where they replaced my phone-4S- because of the issues surrounding the call failures and dropped calls. Had been there on Monday and had reset all settings and that did not help. It is interesting that the battery life is much better with the replacement and, more importantly, the call failure and dropped calls issue have not reappeared ! Thanks Apple for listening even when people on this forum accused me of being a spammer/scammer- ridiculous.

Daking618

Bronze
Oct 31, 2010
Miami Fl
I have been having a problem for about two weeks. I have full bars but everyday when I try to make a call it says canceled. And I have to try to call like 5x v4 the call goes through. I have a 4s and I'm getting upset.