Significant Difference in iPhone Models

infosprt

Aug 9, 2007
I purchased a new 4 GB model (closeout) to replace my 4GB refurb model.

I had to return the refurb (1 day outside of 14 day price guarantee) so as to get a refund (minus the 10% restocking fee). The new lower price was a "closeout" model.

Anyway, I have noticed a significant difference in the clarity of the screen. The display on the refurb model was crystal clear. The screen on the new one seems more washed out. Not bad, but definitely not as bright and clear as the other one.

Another difference I noticed is the new one does not have a slight recess where you plug it into the holder. The refurb model I had you could definitely feel the recess. Also the holder socket is raised about twice as much on the new model.

I was wondering if anyone else has noticed the difference in the clarity of the screen. My guess is that it is either by a different manufacturer or they switched to a price reduced screen.

:mad: I want my refurb model back!

-Al

infosprt

Aug 9, 2007
I have personally had more iPhones than I can count on one hand and they all had EXCELLENT screens.
I was wondering if your iPhones have the groove where you plug the phone into the holder?

This one is smooth in that area and I was thinking that the manufacturing may have switched to a price reduced model.

-Al

ps49556n

Silver
Jun 21, 2007
NYC
I was wondering if your iPhones have the groove where you plug the phone into the holder?

This one is smooth in that area and I was thinking that the manufacturing may have switched to a price reduced model.

-Al
Groove? I have no idea what your are talking about.

infosprt

Aug 9, 2007
If you slide your finger across the bottom of the iPhone on the previous model I had there was a definate groove where the receptacle is. On my new phone it is smooth in that area. The new phone slides in about twice as far in the receptacle as the older one. The groove allowed the previous iPhone to go in far enough to make contact with the pins.

At any rate there is a manufacturing difference.

I was just thinking that Apple has switched the manufacturing process to use a price reduced screen as well as changing the case slightly (eliminating the groove).

-Al