Silence iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by PnutzNcoke, Dec 16, 2011.

1. PnutzNcoke

PnutzNcoke New Member

I tried the on/off switch on upper left side of phone, and also tried to bring the volume control all the way down (below switch, also on left side).

Apps still make sounds in full volume. HELP ... Just want to silence the phone! I must have hit something by accident.

2. verwon

verwon Evangelist
    Gold

No, that's the way it always works. It lets you mute the phone at night, but still have the alarm work and etc.

To silence an app, you'll have to go into its settings.

Sent from my iOS ecosystem!

3. PnutzNcoke

PnutzNcoke New Member

Actually, it turned out to be a volume control that popped up on my homescreen (Had a volume up/down control, play and pause control). Not sure where it came from, but turned the volume all the way down, and it's back to normal.
    Thanks anyway for trying!

4. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

that's the iPod control you can get when you double click the home button and swipe to the right.

5. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

I mute my phone while at sons class but I like to still watch Youtube which will play sound unless you turn the volume down , Then I fogrt to turn it up but unmute and can't hear it ring. Annoying!
    Now I heard icecreme will bring the ability to set locations to automatic mute/unmute a phone when entering a location. I hope Apple will come with Siri/reminder controls like that, with the next update to hopefully iPhone5