SIM card in pay as you go phone?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Jul 1, 2007
Sorry for this post, I bet it's been covered but all the search terms related to "sim pay as you go" are ignored for being too short.

I am attending some football games/tailgates this year and don't want to bring the iPhone with me for fear of losing it or damaging it. I see some nice deals on pay as you go phones on att.com ($10 for refurbs) - will my iPhone sim work in these phones? Anything special I have to do?

Thanks!

ps49556n

Silver
Jun 21, 2007
NYC
Sorry for this post, I bet it's been covered but all the search terms related to "sim pay as you go" are ignored for being too short.

I am attending some football games/tailgates this year and don't want to bring the iPhone with me for fear of losing it or damaging it. I see some nice deals on pay as you go phones on att.com ($10 for refurbs) - will my iPhone sim work in these phones? Anything special I have to do?

Thanks!

I am wondering the same thing, i am doing some research and will post it later.

prolix21

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
has anyone found an answer on this yet? i was wondering the same thing the other day. i don't want to take my iPhone along with me when i'm out biking or whatever and was thinking i could just get a cheapo pre-paid and drop my sim card in it.

ps49556n

Silver
Jun 21, 2007
NYC
From what I hear your iPhone sim will have no problem working in another gsm phone....I have a tracfone that is gsm but I am too lazy to test it out.

hoits2000

Bronze
Mar 15, 2007
The sim will work in any Cingular/ATT phone. I put my sim back and forth to use with my RAZR to get the contacts on to the sim card. Pay as you go phone can be used with the sim as well. My dad has apink RAZR that he bought as pay as you go, and he is using a regular sim card that I gave him for my family plan.

hoits2000

Bronze
Mar 15, 2007
Its a regular sim card, it will work fine, I have used my sims in many different phones. Any GSM will work with the sim card, I tried the sim from the iPhone in a GSM RAZR, an old GSM Motorola V551 (the blue one), and my wifes Cingular Sync, all worked fine.