SIM card not supported on my new iPhone 4, but I have signal on the connect to iTunes screen?

Ines G

Aug 2, 2011
I got a new iPhone 4 last night from Vodafone, and they told us it was unlocked. I have a new micro sim card from 3g, but when I try to activate it on iTunes,it says that the sim card appears not to be supported. There may be a chance that I have to wait 24 hours for the sim card to properly activate, but what if this is not the case? What do I do? When I am on the "Connect to iTunes" and "Slide for emergency" Screen, I have signal in the top right corner, so I'm guessing the sim card does work and has not been activated?

Last edited by a moderator:

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
You got a new sim from 3g? 3g isn't an operator. Its a service operators offer. Do you have a Vodafone 3G microSim?

If thats the case, go and speak with the Vodafone shop. o2 activate sims instantly.

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
Also, the signal on an iPhone is in the top left corner, not right. The top right corner is battery.

Ines G

Aug 2, 2011
I was half asleep when I wrote that lol xD Yes, top left and I meant 3, not 3G.

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
Ok, well if it says you have signal then the SIM will be authorized. I doubt the phone is unlocked properly. To unlock an iPhone for the 1st time you have to insert a SIM card from the original provider, in my case o2. Then plug your phone inot iTunes and you get the unlocked message. You can then swap to your 3 sim!

Ines G

Aug 2, 2011
Ok, thanks :) I'll wait until the 24 hours are up, and if that doesn't work then I'll get the vodafone sim