SIM card problem!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

jai325i

Jul 26, 2007
Well I took my sim card out of my iPhone just to see how to do it just in case I ever needed to. It came out fine. I put it back in with no problem but now my phone is saying "no sim". I tired to take it back out and now the tray won't come out at all. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance

veedubcos

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
Well I took my sim card out of my iPhone just to see how to do it just in case I ever needed to. It came out fine. I put it back in with no problem but now my phone is saying "no sim". I tired to take it back out and now the tray won't come out at all. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance
sounds like you forced it in the wrong way? i would get something a little stirtier than a paper clip and try to take it out again and make sure it aligns on the tray the way it should be.

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
obvious case of the "square peg in the round hole" syndrome.

jai325i

Jul 26, 2007
I went to the 24hr Apple store on 5th ave and three Apple reps tried to get it out but they couldn't. They were about to just give me a new one but I was out of the 14day warranty by only 6 days. So I had to leave it to be repaired. So I'm talkin to you guys via sidekick 3. I'm glad I kept this P.O.S

jai325i

Jul 26, 2007
update

Apple had to give me a whole new phone. But they still couldnt get my old sim out so i had to go the AT&T store to get one. I was afriad to open the sim tray but once i did i noticed that my sim tray on the original phone never popped up like that. so im assuming it was a problem from the beginning. glad it happened now.

xoulo

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
how did you get it in there without putting in a right side. i mean it shaped different, just enough and fit tight into the slot
unless you pushed it in hard... no no no no, if it doesn't go in, don't force it in

put it to repair man