SIM card question and activation

tpeter

Bronze
Jun 19, 2007
So ive been waiting like 36 hours and no activation like a lot of us. I am porting my verizon number to my new ATT account and found out that its not even close to being done.

Here is my question,

If i go to ATT and get a new SIM card put it and come home and plug it into my computer does the activation start all over again?

I don't even care at this point if i port my number over, i will just take a new phone number from ATT.

So if i start the iTunes all over and just let it assign me a new number do you think it will activate right away?

Can i even do this or will it know that i have something pending.

tpeter

Bronze
Jun 19, 2007
bump

does anyone have any idea?

mc751n

Bronze
Jun 3, 2007
Yes it does, my phone is already activated and working and I went to get another Sim card and when I put it in a turned it on it said to put the phone in iTunes to activate it.

deac

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
just curious, why would you get another card if you were already active?

and to Peter's question -- that is what I did -- got a new card and started the Activation over and unlike many who had it go right through, mine did not and I got another email with that one saying it would take more time so it seems basically I've got two chances working now -- the first one which included porting over and the second in which I jsut choe to take a new ATT number and will port later.

others have pointed out that in this case we may end up with two charges and two accounts that will be more headaches to deal with later.....

tpeter

Bronze
Jun 19, 2007
Yes it does, my phone is already activated and working and I went to get another Sim card and when I put it in a turned it on it said to put the phone in iTunes to activate it.
mine is not activated and my port has not yet gone through. Says my activation is underway and to wait for more emails.

tpeter

Bronze
Jun 19, 2007

and to Peter's question -- that is what I did -- got a new card and started the Activation over and unlike many who had it go right through, mine did not and I got another email with that one saying it would take more time so it seems basically I've got two chances working now -- the first one which included porting over and the second in which I jsut choe to take a new ATT number and will port later.

others have pointed out that in this case we may end up with two charges and two accounts that will be more headaches to deal with later.....

yeah that is what i was thinking.

tpeter

Bronze
Jun 19, 2007

Are you still waiting as we speak now?

deac

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
Are you still waiting as we speak now?
38.5 and counting o the original

17.5 and counting on the new SIM one

I'm so happy............