SIM CARD question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jareknyc, Feb 4, 2008.

1. jareknyc

jareknyc Member
    Silver

Is there is anyway to save and load contact to and from sim card i currently have? Pleas help guyssss

2. tymphillips

tymphillips New Member
    Bronze

Like for example (Razr -> Sim Card -> iPhone)?

3. kcarr91

kcarr91 New Member
    Bronze

there is something for a jailbreaked iPhone called isim i have used it works well

4. jareknyc

jareknyc Member
    Silver

ye i have cingular card all my contacts and all that good stuff i need to save contacts on sim card and load them as well...let me know guys Thanks

5. themanofthedark

themanofthedark New Member
    Gold

yes. you will need to jailbreak first, though.

there is a program called SIMport.

use it.

6. little bob

little bob New Member
    Bronze

Im going to make a long story not as long(I hope).

I am planning on adding a 3rd phone to our ATT plan and getting the 3g for that line(for $199). The reason is that my wife is not able to upgrade to the new iPhone yet(for the $199 price). Will she be able to take the sim card out of her old phone(just a Samsung she got cheep) and put it in the iPhone and use the iPhone? I realize that we would have to add the data plan for her phone but I just don't know if the sim card for the iPhone is the same as the sim cards for the non-iphones.

Thanks in advance.

7. jarofclay73

jarofclay73 Zealot
    Gold

Your old SIM won't work in the iPhone.

You'll get a new SIM card and, since you're already an AT&T customer, they'll transfer your old number quickly to the new SIM. And you're ready to go!

I'm in the same boat as you. So, what I did was put all my contact names and numbers in Outlook Express so when I get my iPhone I can sync it up easily.

8. little bob

little bob New Member
    Bronze

Soooooooo, your saying that we can get the third phone line with the 3g and then have them put her old phone(non-iphone) on the new number and the new phone(3g) on the old number while we are at the store?

9. jarofclay73

jarofclay73 Zealot
    Gold

Although that all sounds a bit confusing, since they're all AT&T numbers I don't see why any number of exchanges would be a problem. But, it would be good to ask the store directly as well. :)

10. gadget22

gadget22 Member
    Bronze

If i take my iPhone 3g sim card and put in a bold will i be able to use email and text on the bold i just need it for work email purposes and i'll put back in iPhone when imnot at work.. Thanks

11. Saverino

Saverino Zealot
    Gold

No you won't be able to, if you're on an iPhone 3G data plan.

If you want full usability of both phones, I would recommend changing your iPhone 3G plan to the BlackBerry Bold 3G plan. That's what I do.

You need a BlackBerry plan to use half the features on a BlackBerry, on the iPhone, you don't need any plan to access any of it's features, that's why its best to be on the BB Bold plan. Best of both worlds.

12. gadget22

gadget22 Member
    Bronze

Do you have both of them? If you do can I ask which one do you prefer? My plan is to use the bold for work and my iPhone on the weekends.

13. Saverino

Saverino Zealot
    Gold

Yes I do have both.

To be honest, I prefer them both equally.

For me, it's not about which phone I prefer, it's about which phone I need since they both do different things very well.

If you are a heavy emailer, that's where the Bold truly shines.

14. gadget22

gadget22 Member
    Bronze

Just 1 more question. Do you have a plan for each phone or do you just swap the sims back and forth? I really appreciate you answering these questions for me...

15. Saverino

Saverino Zealot
    Gold

No problem. I only have one plan, all I do is swap the SIM card.

16. kenneth

kenneth Zealot
    Gold

What does the BB bold data plan cost? Do you lose the visual voicemail?

17. gadget22

gadget22 Member
    Bronze

If im not mistaken, I believe that it's $30 as well..

18. Saverino

Saverino Zealot
    Gold

It is the same price as the iPhone 3G's data plan, and yes you do lose Visual Voicemail as it's only apart of the iPhone's data plan. To me, it's worth it because I don't mind using regular voicemail, and because I can use email, internet, BBMessenger, etc, on the BlackBerry.

19. och1975

och1975 New Member

Obviously, I am a newbie here and just ordered an iPhone 3G 16G on ebay which was activated at an ATT store. I am a current ATT customer with a 3G SIM card in a Motorola phone with a data plan.

My question is, can I simply insert my existing SIM in the new iPhone and use my existing plan or will I need use a tool to unlock or jailbreak it? If so what software is recommended?

20. fury

fury Evangelist
    Gold

The data plan most likely won't work. There is no known software unlock for the 3G, although I've heard that it's coming out at the end of the year. Additionally, even if you can get it to work as a phone with your SIM card, AT&T will know you're using an iPhone 3G on a non-iphone plan, and will send you text messages and such warning you that you need to add an iPhone plan.